I need lunch ideas!

Options
I pack my lunches and I don't have access to a microwave. All the lunches I pack, I feel they are healthy, but then I calculate it and it's always so many calories! I need some low-calorie, but yummy, lunch options. Any Ideas? :)
P.S. I'm not a big fan of left-overs. Haha (:

Replies

• rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Options
    This site has a ton of great lunch ideas, I use it for ideas for my kids.
    http://easylunchboxes.smugmug.com/The-Best-Lunchbox-System/Yummy-Lunch-Ideas/10136835_YSuyb#!i=696914165&k=yeuSg
  • meggolego
    Options
    Always have fresh veggies and hummus in mine, my favorite!

Also, some other good staples are english muffin sandwiches, mini rice cakes, yogurt, popcorn, turkey and cheese roll ups, possibilities are endless!
  • j1wright
    j1wright Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Cold pasta's
    veggie wraps
    salad's
    yogurt parfait's with a bunch of high fiber cereal and fruit
    I agree with anything hummus, advocado based, and peanut butter based

I would honestly get creative with different style of cold pasta's, different styles of sandwich style wraps, and different styles of salads. Options are endless just on those alone.
  • exquisite1
    Options
    thank you for posting that link :flowerforyou:
  • michellew91
    michellew91 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    If you don't have a microwave I would suggest investing in a thermos, I made this for my lunch this week and I promise it tastes exactly the same fresh and after it's heated up. I normally hate leftovers, this is one of the only recipes I have that I will eat over and over! Enchilada chicken soup from Hungry Girl: http://www.hungry-girl.com/newsletters/raw/1428
  • TrainSweatEatSleep
    Options
    two slices of whole wheat bread or 1 whole wheat tortilla
    28 grams of Boar's head muenster cheese
    28 grams of Boar's head roast beef

add spinach & tomatoes or anything else you'd like.

Weigh your food with a digital scale.
  • exquisite1
    Options
    1wright congrats on the huge loss! :flowerforyou:
  • j1wright
    j1wright Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Thanks exquisite! I appreciate that! I have been at this for 9 months now, and logged every singe day (if I missed a day I went back to log). :)
  • stbrad6896
    Options
    Sandwiches (just go easy on the fattening ingredients like mayo or cheese and load it with veggies u like), also veggies or fruits that are easy to snack on like carrots, celery, radish, broccoli, cauliflower, grapes, apple slices, well most fruits... and yeah hummus is awesome. Drink water instead of pop or juice because it's less sugar and better for you. Change it up every day and if u want chips one day of the week so be it. Terra chips are really good or baked chips if u wanna cut down on fat. And if u want a salad just put the dressing on the side. There are lots of things u can do, just have a good lunch box and maybe invest in ziplocks or little containers
  • TrainSweatEatSleep
    Options
    Almond Butter sliced banana whole wheat sandwiches.

2 slices of whole wheat bread
    16 grams of almond butter
    1 banana (slice banana into thin slices)

weigh your almond butter and banana with a digital scale and log it for nutritional facts
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Subway
  • honey_dew
    Options

This site is awesome! Thanks!
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Stew or chili in a thermus, also pack bread, crackers, chips, or tortillas.
  • littlemeowmaid
    littlemeowmaid Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    2 "lite" cruskits only have 43 calories, they are awesome with avocado, tomato, salt and pepper, or for something more filling you can put salmon or tuna with it :)
  • scarlettsky7
    scarlettsky7 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    easy to grab foods on the go---fresh fruit (bananas,apples,oranges), dried fruit, raw nuts, veggies, hummus, granola bars, dark chocolate!