I feel confused.

Options
So I have lost ten pounds, whoo! And I feel great, I'm like the smallest I have ever been and I feel like I'm doing it in a healthy way. I'm becoming more excited for summer and I can't wait to go bikini shopping.

But....

I still need to lose ten pounds to be at my goal, and I'm feeling discouraged because I have fluctated three pounds, which is totally normal, but still. I just paid my monthly bill (TOM) so I'm thinking that's the reason for my fluctuation, but I'm just afraid that I won't lose that last ten pounds and then when I go to California with my choir, I'll feel awful. I'm really considering not swimming. And the last time I did that I hated it. I was the only one who didn't swim. :(

I really wish I would have heard of this program in like November or something to get a good head start. Trying to lose 20 pounds in four months seems crazy sometimes.

I just don't want to feel really confident and have my self esteem crushed by all the really skinny girls in bikinis...

*sigh* I'm so happy yet so not..

Any Tips?

Replies

• VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    What are your workouts like?! I would up the intensity and if you aren't strength training add that in!! I can probably give you a better idea if you tell me what your doing now... :smile:

~Leash :heart:
  • jw17695
    jw17695 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Why don't you go ahead and get that swim suit now? Hang it up on your door. Everyday it will remind you to make good food choices and make time for some exercise. Sounds silly, but I put post-it notes on the dashboard of my car with tips and motivational quotes to keep me on track. It doesn't matter what I do each day as long as I can remember to do at least something each day! The more you move and eat healthier, the easier the weight falls off. right?
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    If you choose not to swim. That's just what it is, your choice. If you choose to be bummed when you've just lost ten pounds, then it's a bummer, your choice. I see a pretty vibrant young lady in your photos. What do you see? Your choice!

Sounds harsh doesn't it? But just like on stage others will see what you project. You don't have to be the skinniest girl on the beach, to be noticed or be attractive. You just need to be the best you there is on that day at that time.

Enjoy being young and attractive! Don't waste this time wanting to be that girl over there, the really skinny one. Today is it!
    Enjoy it and tomorrow when you're thinner enjoy that too.:flowerforyou:
  • ChrissiJ98
    Options
    I learned a long time ago not to compare myself to others. Go swimming (!) and wear whatever makes you confident. If that's a bikini - go for it! If that's a one-piece - wahoo! But from what I can see you are a very attractive girl and you don't need to miss out on life based on your perceptions of other people vs. you.
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I agree with Alice. spending all your time wishing you were 'that other girl' is stupid! YOU are beautiful and YOU are motivated. Have you ever watched a dog show? the dogs are not judged based on who looks best compared to each other, but who is the best representation of their particular breed. Focus on being the best possible YOU, not the skinniest b!tch on the beach. :drinker:

I asked my sister one time how to 'pull off' a particular outfit (she looks good in everything she wears even though she's bigger than me) and she told me that if I walk into the room thinking 'I look hot in my skinny jeans" then I'll look hot in my skinny jeans. So walk out there feeling hot!! :tongue:
  • cheyannheartsyou
    Options
    You guys are awesome! Thank you so much! I used to have my bikini hanging up to motivate me, maybe I should do that again. And I do need to start toning more, I do more cardio than anything. And I'm going to work even harder! I'll be confident. Promise! Thank you guys so much!!
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    I agree. Don't compare yourself to anyone else. 10 pounds is awesome. I bet you'd still look great even if you only lost 5 and toned up. Go by how you look and feel not some numbers on a scale. I think the toning is a great idea. You could shrink without having to lose that last 10 :).