Any ideas on the best going out drink?

Options
Hi Guys,

I am going out tonight for the first time since I started my diet and exercise (I really dont want to go as I like getting my early nights now but I have to try an be sociable again) and I was wondering if you have any ideas on what drink I should take when I am out. I am normally a vodka coke person but that will never pass my lips again in my life (far too many calories)...so any ideas please?

Replies

• Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I drink vodka and diet 7-up/Sprite, with a splash of Oceanspray diet juice of some kind. Works for me.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    tequila. job done.
  • kclynn7
    Options
    I am a captain and diet coke / diet sprite kinda girl :)
  • loserbaby84
    loserbaby84 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    vodka, soda and a splash of cranberry juice (or orange juice if you like that better).

I've also been drinking white wine lately. I don't TOTALLY enjoy the taste so it slows me down ALOT plus I LOVE the social aspect of a glass of wine :)

Good luck! x
  • leahturner123
    Options
    becks, or cools light, vodka and tonic with lime ??
  • Jamie_Lauren
    Jamie_Lauren Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Vodka with fresh lime (not cordial) and soda water
  • Nini152
    Nini152 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    vodka and diet coke here too, hope you have a great night out. Healthy snacks for when you come home too. A late night chinese is always so tempting! xx x
  • thatjulesgirl
    thatjulesgirl Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Vodka with fresh lime (not cordial) and soda water

THIS.
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Shots!!!!!

Get's the job done, and at minimal calories too!!
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Shots!!!!!

Get's the job done, and at minimal calories too!!

Yes! And if it's vodka, the flavored stuff is lower in alcohol, therefore lower in calories.
  • sandra152
    Options
    Don't need drink to be sociable just drink soda and lime yummy
  • wendyboppa
    wendyboppa Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    White wine spritzer - white wine and soda - very low cal
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    How about you exercise first so you have a few extra calories for those drinks?

That way the Vodka and Coke calorie count will already be covered, and you won't have to worry as much.
  • Marc713
    Marc713 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Yes! And if it's vodka, the flavored stuff is lower in alcohol, therefore lower in calories.

This isn't true, most of the flavored vodka actually have MORE calories. Not many in most cases, anwhere from 5-25 calories per shot.

As for what you mix it with, well tonic water has 10 calories per ounce whereas soda water has zero calories. I usually opt for just regular water and 2 lime wedges. If you need your drink to taste sweeter, the few extra calories per shot of the flavored vodka may be worth it if your other option is to add sugary juices or soda. I personally avoid soda be them regular or diet except maybe once or twice a month I have one and consider it an indulgent desert.

But for me, I like a good quality vodka like Dripping Springs (made in Texas), made in a tall glass, with a single shot, with 2-3 lime wedges squeezed in for flavor. This both keeps me hydrated, lasts for a while since I can suck down vodka quickly (I blame my Irish heritage), and the water usually helps me not have a hangover. The other good thing about this is, you can switch up to drinking JUST water and most people won't know, just wonder off and get the drink from the bar when your friends aren't around. I've swapped up after a drink or two and no one was the wiser, and I still got up Saturday or Sunday morning and got my butt to the gym early!
  • Jamie_Lauren
    Options

:noway:
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    vokda and soda with fresh lime or lemon.
  • dutchman24
    dutchman24 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Well, without being sarcastic...the "best" drink is ...water. That being said, with your present status, enjoy whatever! Great job!
  • jesse1379
    jesse1379 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    If your in the mood for something different try this.

Its called a Rock Lobster

1 ozRaspberry Liqueur

1 ozCrown Royal

1.5 ozCranberry Juice
  • DerbyZebra
    Options
    Captain and diet
    Gin and Tonic
    Light beer that isn't terrible
  • Jamie_Lauren
    Options