Struggling today

I see so much negativity towards 1200cal a day eaters on this site and it's just getting to me today. I'm 5'3 and aim for 1290 a day with a sedentary job. I'm losing weight. And yet everywhere I just get criticised for not eating enough...

Its just making me feel that even though I'm trying to do right, I'm still doing wrong...

Replies

• BossBich
    BossBich Posts: 65 Member
    No, you are not doing wrong you are just doing you. If 1290 i as good number do what works for you, peoplw will always talk no matter what. Godd luck and stay focused....
  • I don't think you're doing wrong. I'm set at 1300 cal a day and some days I make it and some I don't. If I cheat I make it but if I eat clean then I tend to come below. I don't go hungry and to me that's important. Keep it up and you may have to change it when you plateau.
  • Don't feel negative, remember you will and can get yourself to where you want to be. Get healthy and happy and remember to count what you have already achieved.
  • EvelynBfly78
    EvelynBfly78 Posts: 240 Member
    No negativity from me! I'm also on 1200 cal a day & losing weight. Just because others criticize that 1200 seems too low doesn't mean it's not good. We have to do what works for us. Let's not worry about what others think and only worry about ourselves. Each one to their own journey.

Forget about criticism from others & keep up the good work.
  • want2belean
    want2belean Posts: 124 Member
    Don't let ppl get to you...why they are being negative..... i don't know....because they feel like beinga horses *kitten* i suppose...lol... 1200 calories is more than enough for someone your size. There are alot of short ladies and some guys out there and 1200 is what our BMR says we need...I am one of them...I am 5'1 and 118 lbs
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    the forums here have become an absurd mob like over certain issues. 1290 sounds reasonable for 5'3 female.

Ignore the "experts" who are like mindless robots just repeating what some other "expert" has said. if it is working, then it is working.
  • I see so much negativity towards 1200cal a day eaters on this site and it's just getting to me today. I'm 5'3 and aim for 1290 a day with a sedentary job. I'm losing weight. And yet everywhere I just get criticised for not eating enough...

Its just making me feel that even though I'm trying to do right, I'm still doing wrong...

I am at the same calories as you 1300 and I am 5'8" and I have a job where I sit all day, and commute. I exercise and eat back the exercise calories, so usually I have about 1500 per day. I only lose about 1lb a week, so I figure it's about right.

I find that you have to take what people say with a grain of salt. Everyone has their own opinion, and the thing about an open forum is people are able to say what they think no matter whether it works for everyone or not. Just do what you are doing, if it's working then good!!
  • meghan_elizabeth
    meghan_elizabeth Posts: 15 Member
    I hear ya! I'm 5'2" and aim for 1200/day too. I get so much crisicism...not so much from people on this site, but just in general. You know what I've come to realize though? Most of the criticism that I get is from people who are overweight or not in shape and not trying to do anything about it. Those people clearly don't know what they are talking about when it comes to living healthy and losing weight, so I just let it roll off my shoulders. Some people are so opinionated!
    Am I losing weight? Yes
    Do I feel like I'm starving myself? No. I never go hungry.
    I eat so much healthier on a low-cal diet. I've learned to fill those calories needs with plenty of healthy food, rather than waste it on small amounts of junk food.
    Keep doing what you're doing!