Stomach fat

Options
I Beem on this life changing experience since February 2012. I have lost 76 pounds and can't thank mfp and this group for the help and support. Now that I have lost this weight I have a real problem with stomach fat. It's like one big pot of jello. How can I get rid of it and firm it up. I join a gym but because of medical issues I can't really use weights and heavy exercise. I Need to find a solution to this. Help please

Replies

• turtledove910124
    Options
    Kudos on your weight loss! I understand your belly problem. I can tell you what works for me is watching what kind of carbs I eat. I have to get most of my carbs from my veggies and fruit and leave the bread and other starches alone. I can definetly tell the difference when I do. Good luck and it may be that it will just take time for you skin to catch up with the weight loss.
  • Ian214
    Ian214 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Yoga?
  • notsosimplyabby
    notsosimplyabby Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I've heard yoga is great for core toning!

But also, make sure you are keeping your stress levels low and keeping your sugar to a minimum. Stress creates cortisol which is stored in your mid-section! Lots of sleep and you-time is key! :)
  • BonyToni
    Options
    I too am a fan of yoga. It stretches, tones and sculpts the body. There are.a number of free apps available to get you started if you have a smart phone or iPad :-)

Basic Pilates is also very good. And, again there are a number of free apps available.

Best of luck :-)
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    You can't target weight loss, but you can do exercises to firm up that area. However, the only way to get rid of the fat, is to keep a calorie deficit.
  • tam8374
    tam8374 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I am commenting on this because I hope to be in your shoes one day soon. I know you said you can't really do heavy exercise so I'm curious to see what others say because I have only heard of cardio and toning.