Ladies Only!! Have you noticed less TOM symptoms?

Options
I usually get very crampy with very very sore breasts in the days leading up to TOM, this month however; I'm almost a month into my new diet and exercise routine and a few days before TOM is due and I got nothing? No bore breasts, no cramps, no bloating, nothing?? Is this normal?

Replies

• krommama
    krommama Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I noticed this about my TOM this month, too.
  • ScubaAmyMN
    ScubaAmyMN Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Darnit, I'm noticing MORE symptoms. I assumed it was due to age (who knew that symptoms could get worse through your 30's?? I just learned that). I've had cramping, headaches and crabbiness/moodiness since losing 20 pounds. Annoying.

I like your situation better!
  • HotMummyMission
    HotMummyMission Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    IV got the coil and I usually get really really bad pains and iv come on today an had nothing iv got bloating but not as much xx
  • tubbyelmo
    tubbyelmo Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I noticed this after only a couple of weeks, I think it's the increased water and reduction in salt that's helping me, WONDERFUL side effect of getting healthier!
  • tubbyelmo
    tubbyelmo Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I'm still a crabby madam for a couple of days though, ask my OH!
    Darnit, I'm noticing MORE symptoms. I assumed it was due to age (who knew that symptoms could get worse through your 30's?? I just learned that). I've had cramping, headaches and crabbiness/moodiness since losing 20 pounds. Annoying.
  • alvalaurie
    alvalaurie Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Mine have increased but Dr says I'm menopausal! :grumble:
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Less water retention. . but everything else is as miserable as it can be for one experiencing perimenopausal symptoms! In fact, I find I'm even MORE irritable. Like, I want to blow EVERYONE up. I hate being that person. Cramps are the same. Fatigue may be slightly improved, but it's overshadowed by my inability to not HATE everyone for several days!!
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm totally not complaining, I mean, it's awesome! Lol, usually my bbs get so sore that I can hardly move, so I will not be missing those! I'm just afraid that I'm going to stop getting my TOM! I've read that happening. But if it happens to some of you guys, I'm just glad it's normal. I was just googling and I read that low carb diets can make PMS symptoms worse.
  • korsicash
    korsicash Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Mine have increased but i have some major issues in the girls department so no big surprise. Mine may not even be the weight loss and just a factor of getting older.....
  • dahkneeka
    dahkneeka Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Mine have gotten much worse- however, I did go off the pill about a year ago. Since I started on a healthier lifestyle, I may be more 'in tune' with my body because I know about 7-10 days before my TOM is coming due to horrible cramps, back ache, headache and irritability (my bf knows too...).
    I usually b*tch for a day- then just give'r even harder at the gym to take my mind off of it!
  • korsicash
    korsicash Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Less water retention. . but everything else is as miserable as it can be for one experiencing perimenopausal symptoms! In fact, I find I'm even MORE irritable. Like, I want to blow EVERYONE up. I hate being that person. Cramps are the same. Fatigue may be slightly improved, but it's overshadowed by my inability to not HATE everyone for several days!!

I hear you there, do you think we would be let off in a court of law if we claimed PMS and temporary insanity because they made our coffee wrong?
  • mareeee1234
    mareeee1234 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Mine have gotten better toooooo :)
  • LeighAnna115
    Options
    Mine have gotten a lot worse. I use to get no symptoms at all! I have never been inactive, but workout and eat right more now than i ever did before. it seems whatever I do I get horrible symptoms (especially chest tenderness) up to 2 weeks prior. Drives me bonkers.
  • LesleeBeAlive
    Options
    I think I am MORE crabby. My co-workers and husband would attest to this.
  • boodlelibra
    boodlelibra Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely less bloated, I'm crediting all the water and watching my sodium. I have endo so it's still hell on earth, but any improvement is great so I'll take what I can get. I was going to say it's becoming like clockwork but this month I'm a week early (yay, it's a damn Halloween miracle.) though I'm crazy stressed so that may be why I'm off this month.
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I've cut all bread and pasta out of my diet
    Slowly working on eliminating most dairy
    NO SOY

And I've been feeling physically MUCH better
    The physical symptoms and the "depressed" feelings have subsided....I still have a short fuse but I'm Irish and French! :laugh: Thats to be expected!!
  • myfitnesslife75
    myfitnesslife75 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Yep. When I first started working out, that was one of the things that got better!
  • Kebby83
    Kebby83 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Mine have gotten better. The less weight I am I notice the less days it is here. When I was 280+lbs it was horrible cramps and lasted at least 7 days. Now I am 130something and it lasts about 3 days. I do get more carb craving than I used to though (honestly because before I was probably eating those carbs like a crazy person) and it starts about a week before I get the "clean up in aisle one!" order.
  • EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Since I've been losing, my periods have actually become irregular and more PMS symptoms..I have no clue why..I'm only mid 20s.
  • LesleeBeAlive
    Options
    I've cut all bread and pasta out of my diet
    Slowly working on eliminating most dairy
    NO SOY

And I've been feeling physically MUCH better
    The physical symptoms and the "depressed" feelings have subsided....I still have a short fuse but I'm Irish and French! :laugh: Thats to be expected!!

How do WE get along? I am German and Italian.... haha