Can't believe I am 45 and my mom is in better shape than me!

Options
I am counting on and committed to using this site to help my reach a goal. Having my two kids was the best thing ever for my weight, maybe the breastfeeding. At almost 6 feet I can carry extra weight without it showing too much but after I turned 40 the metabolism went way down. In 7 years I have gained 34 pounds. I've tried all the quick and drastic plans but I think the calorie counting and excercise is simply the only tried and true. Last year I had a goal for when I turned 45 but lost my father suddenly and could not motivate at all. My birthday is the end of December and when I get one more year closer to 50 I want to be closer to that goal. Love any support from anyone!

Replies

• changingforthegood
    Options
    Or even worse. Im 24 and my MOM and Grandmother are in better shape then Me , or two of my sisters.... NOW that is sad.. but not for much longer. Its a work in progress
  • DebraYvonne
    DebraYvonne Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I did that at 40 too! My sister died that same year too and we moved to another state. I had a long commute and I put on about 40 pounds and I was already 20 over ideal. I lost the first part (40 pounds) only after I hired a personal traininer who whipped me about every other day. It is doable but I can't afford that right now so I am faithfully logging everything and committed to exercising. My metabolishm is bad and I have low thyroid and carb resistance. I am trying to get the last 20 off and its the hardest!

YOU CAN DO IT!! add me as a friend if you need one = )
  • rrneal625
    rrneal625 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent....I'll be 45 next week and my mom's in better shape than me as well....looks like a dachshund in your picture....I have 5, all rescues!
  • Nektariosmom
    Nektariosmom Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I am 43 and your height. I am having the same issues. I think it is perimenopause. I am having a lot of trouble losing weight now at this age and my middle keeps getting larger. I am back on here once again! Make me a friend!