jillian michaels

Options
I was reading the other day some reviews about jillian michaels and not one person had a bad word to say about her workout dvds so I decided to purchase some. I bought 30DS, Extreme Shed and Shred and Banish Fat, Boost Motablism.
I've just done the 1st 20 minute workout on level 1 on the 30DS and I'm feeling oddly refreshed. Never have I felt like this after any workout but swimming so that's a good thing.

Am I better off progressing on to level 2 tomorrow and then level 3 the day after and alternating? Or do a week of level 1 and so on?

Replies

• asaw00
    asaw00 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    You should do it the way she tells you to. If you find it too easy do the advanced moves or add more weight.
  • amethyst_flame
    Options
    I believe the plan most people follow is to do 10 days of each level before progressing to the next, but if level one isn't enough of a challenge, you can always move up sooner.

And congrats on feeling refreshed afterwards. Whenever I try it, I just feel like death. lol. It takes a few days for me to start appreciating the workout. :smile:
  • dwarfy20
    Options
    Ive just thought about what I posted haha. 30DS so 10 days of each does seem to make sense to me aha.
    I think I'll be sticking with level 1 for the 10 days since I thought I was gonna die half wat through it, best workout dvd I've bought yet, loved it. It gets going quite quickly. Some of the others I have spend ages on warm up, and too long on the exercises. I like the 3-2-1 thing she does.
    I defintely appreciated it then, felt that burn haha :laugh:
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    You should do it the way she tells you to. If you find it too easy do the advanced moves or add more weight.

^^^ This

Copy Natalie's moves and use more weight.
  • Wendysworld13
    Wendysworld13 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Just an FYI, and I LOVE Jillians's workouts - WEAR correct workout shoes. I purchased ripped in 30 - it is a hell of a workout. Day 2 doing on a hardwood floor barefoot and I tore a tendon in my ankle. Dr said I would not have had I been wearing correct footwear. THIS IS SO IMPORTANT - hopefully I am the only dumb *kitten* out there to do this!
    Oh, and do in order - 10 days each - you will be glad you did - also try ripped in 30 - 4 one week torture - I mean exercise sessions!
  • elemlms
    Options
    30DS is great, I saw some good results last spring with it though never got to Level 3. Was wrecked after them but the weird thing is now it doesn't seem as hard but I wonder if I will get similar results. You can also add ankle weights, that will kick it up a notch.
  • myfitnesslife75
    myfitnesslife75 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    It's supposed to be 10 days for each level. Could be 10 consecutive days, every other day... whatever. But if you really feel you just canNOT stick with one routine for 10 days, then move on.

I'm doing 30DS for the solid 30 days, 5 days a week, weekends off and I'm half-way through as of today. If I were to take a day off or cut one level even a day or two short, I would make up for those days before going onto level 2. But that's just me. :tongue:
  • myfitnesslife75
    myfitnesslife75 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Just an FYI, and I LOVE Jillians's workouts - WEAR correct workout shoes. I purchased ripped in 30 - it is a hell of a workout. Day 2 doing on a hardwood floor barefoot and I tore a tendon in my ankle. Dr said I would not have had I been wearing correct footwear. THIS IS SO IMPORTANT - hopefully I am the only dumb *kitten* out there to do this!
    Oh, and do in order - 10 days each - you will be glad you did - also try ripped in 30 - 4 one week torture - I mean exercise sessions!

Unless it's yoga, shoes should be mandatory for all workouts! Glad you learned your lesson! :wink:
  • fstephanie4
    fstephanie4 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    10 days of level one, 10 of level two and 10 of level three. You'll need to work up trust me! lol

Its an amazing work out!!
  • cindyhoney2
    cindyhoney2 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I love the 30DS, when I didn't feel like level one or two was enough I did them both, now that's a workout. I'm on level three now and it is serious, I can usually only do the one workout. She incorporates weights into the cardio on level three. I have not bought any of her other DVDs but I will.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    I love her Body Revolutionnset of DVDs
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    do it in the proper order. with level 2 and 3 you need certain levels of strength to do some of the moves, and doing 10 days of level 1 gets those muscles ripped and ready!
  • AprilRN10
    AprilRN10 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I love Jillian. I finished 30DS. I did ten days at each level. Then I started doing two in one day, like level one in the morning and level two in the evening. Today I just did my first day of no more trouble zones. WHOA!
  • mamajenny2
    mamajenny2 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I did level one of the 30 day shred for about a week then moved on to level 2 and have been on that one on and off for a couple weeks. 10 days for each level seems right but level one was pretty easy, so I moved it up a little sooner. It is a great workout though!! I have a love hate relationship with Jillian now!! LOL She means business and I love it!!! Good luck to you!! :-)