"You can't handle the truth!"

Options
Okay; okay; I didn't mean it. Maybe you can handle the truth. Really I'm just wanting a few good men/women for more motivation and support. And since we're on the topic of truth: What is the hardest truth that you face?

Feel free to add me as a fellow MFPer if you'd like.

Replies

• AndreaSchultz77
    Options
    My hardest truth is that I am such a yo yo. I often gain 30 pounds, then get motivated and exercise a ton and totally change my eating habits for like a year, only to let it slip right back to the way it was. Every 2-3 years, my motivation picks back up and the whole process starts over. I am in a good place right now, but I fear that I will slip and go back to the way it always goes.
  • foxontherun03
    Options
    My hardest truth is that if I remain the size that I am or even get bigger I too will not be able to be the father and husband that I want to be to my family. My dad was always a very heavy man and I did not get to enjoy an active life, rather it was time in the living room and not much time playing in the park.
  • DebraYvonne
    DebraYvonne Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    @andrea. I yo-yo. Get all pumped up and then I deflate! right now I am feeling really good.

The truth that is the hardest -- I have no excuse for not losing, I can do it!

all feel free to add me.
  • foxontherun03
    Options
    Yeah, we really do hide the truth about being able to lose weight and exercising with our excuses.
  • Pnknlvr96
    Pnknlvr96 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    The hardest truth I face is that I have a large frame and will always have a large rear and thunder thighs, even if I'm at my goal weight. So I'm learning to accept that if I'm gonna have a large rear and thighs, they are gonna be the best damn rear and thighs I can produce! If you've ever done P90X, Pam (the Blam) has these amazing thighs that are large but are pure muscle. They're my goal thighs. :love:
  • schroederkl
    schroederkl Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My hardest truth to face is that I use my size like a security blanket. I've been the chubby funny friend for so long that I wouldn't know how to act any differently. It's part of the reason that I've set my self up for failure in the past.
  • stbrad6896
    Options
    the hardest truth I face is that I will never again be able to eat the way I did before if I want to reach my goals and then remain successful. I know someday I will be able to have a cupcake here or chocolate bar there but sometimes I wish I was a kid again burning enormous amounts of calories. I guess the underlying point here if we're being HONEST = ) is that I don't like to work out much and I know that I will have to get more active if I want to be healthier and be allowed to eat a little extra sometimes.
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I can't eat like my friends and I have to suck it up and eat healthy.
  • aphid
    aphid Posts: 47
    Options
    my hardest truth is that i am lazy and want a quick fix to everything. sadly,it's not possible as i have found out.
  • solyhhit
    solyhhit Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    The hardest truth that I face is I can't achieve my goals unless I am fully commited, but I still have a family to take care of full time. In the summer it was easy. 4 mile run every morning to work, which would only take away about 10 minutes of my day as opposed to the bus.

In winter, it's just not that easy, and I can't work out every day. Plain and simple.
  • foxontherun03
    Options
    My hardest truth to face is that I use my size like a security blanket. I've been the chubby funny friend for so long that I wouldn't know how to act any differently. It's part of the reason that I've set my self up for failure in the past.

Yep! I'm in that same boat. Except I was/am the fat funny guy. I figure that I can still be funny and healthy.
  • gailmelanie
    gailmelanie Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    The hardest truth I have to face in losing weight is that it is entirely my responsibility what does or doesn't go in my mouth and down my throat into my stomach. If I'm overeating, it's me doing it. No one can make me either starve or overeat. Taking that responsibility makes me squirm, want to make excuses and remain in denial, but it still is no one else's responsibility but mine, bottom line.
  • sigridolsen
    sigridolsen Posts: 33 Member
    Options

Yep! I'm in that same boat. Except I was/am the fat funny guy. I figure that I can still be funny and healthy.
  • karenwill2
    karenwill2 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I can't eat like my friends and I have to suck it up and eat healthy.

This^^^^^ After finding out that I am gluten intolerant, the only way I can control myself is to eliminate foods, not eat them in moderation. So, except for the occasional bit of deer meat or fresh caught fish, I eat non processed vegan type foods. It is hard but it works. On a side not, my hair and skin really do glow now. (not in the dark but that would be AWESOME!)
  • foxontherun03
    Options
    It would be awsome if your hair glowed in the dark.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    When my FIL dies, I will be homeless.

Thanks for reminding me, OP. :grumble:
  • gailmelanie
    gailmelanie Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    The hardest truth I have to face in losing weight is that it is entirely my responsibility what does or doesn't go in my mouth and down my throat into my stomach. If I'm overeating, it's me doing it. No one can make me either starve or overeat. Taking that responsibility makes me squirm, want to make excuses and remain in denial, but it still is no one else's responsibility but mine, bottom line.
    And, I have to add, in order to get to and remain at a healthy weight I will ALWAYS have to be conscious of the above and continue to take responsibility until I die. I really wish it came naturally.
  • foxontherun03
    Options
    And, I have to add, in order to get to and remain at a healthy weight I will ALWAYS have to be conscious of the above and continue to take responsibility until I die. I really wish it came naturally.

This is most certainly true.
  • anifani4
    anifani4 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Great topic. I hope the thread holds true.

the truth I have to face is that I am an emotional eater.

Unless I work on acknowledging and talking or writing about my emotions, I will never make this weight loss effort last the rest of my life. ( I'm nearly 70, have long lived parents, aunts, and uncles,so figure I have 20 more years to live) . I want those years to be as healthy as possible.

Everytime I have successfully lost weight some unexpressed (actually unrecognized) emotion takes me down. The last one, grief over the loss of my husband and mother, derailed me for over 3 years. I can and do forgive myself but wonder how I will handle the next big emotional event that happens and don't know if I have it in me to try again if I regain.
  • autumn_duo
    autumn_duo Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    That unfortunetly, even if no one see's me eat the calories they still count