VERY BIG PROBLEM !

Options

Replies

• want2belean
    want2belean Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Absoultly AGREE....It's hard/annoying to go back to the post and scroll through to see if someone has commented...
  • want2belean
    want2belean Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    [Great abs...good job....]
    Petition signed!
    [/quote]
  • DBiddle69
    DBiddle69 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    They do...it's under Settings - email preferences
  • JohnMessmer
    Options
    No, They do not currently. He is referring to when you comment on someone else's topic and then they reply to your comment. Currently the only notifications that occur are on Your Own topics.
  • barbaramitchell101
    barbaramitchell101 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Try checking in settings--it might be available already. I get notices in e-mail.

so do I.....I get email alerts everytime someone comments on my status or my comments to other peoople....as well as friend requests..

GO TO SETTINGS...GO TO NEWS FEED settings and make sure all are checked.....that should solve your problem......
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Yes, and I don't use the email notifications because I don't log into my email all the time.
  • HunterKiller_wechange
    Options
    This site does need a lot of work. Messages in particular and i do hope that this site doesn't turn into Facebook.

17427511.png
  • Mslajackson
    Mslajackson Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    in a perfect world it would already be this way..ijs
  • Philllbis
    Philllbis Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    The forum needs a subscribe to thread feature.
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Set up alert notifications on your smartphone - problem solved.
  • traceycostella
    Options
    Try checking in settings--it might be available already. I get notices in e-mail.

this only notifies you if someone comments on one of your own posts, not if you comment on someone elses and then they reply
  • BEAUTY4UBEAST
    Options
    yes.... keep my mind from trying to remember what I posted on... drives me crazy! lol
  • buckleten
    buckleten Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Definitely!
  • chriswee2012
    Options
    Yeah,totally true ! Sometimes I posted on my friend's wall .Then after few hours,I forgot which friends wall that I just posted
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    YES!!! YES!!! YES!!! I've recommended this a few times under the suggestions board. I hope they start working on this soon.
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options

this only notifies you if someone comments on one of your own posts, not if you comment on someone elses and then they reply

This also only notifies you via email. I would like there to be a small notifications section on the homepage -- like there is on sites like Facebook.
  • aStrongerSteph
    aStrongerSteph Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Mmm hmm Yep!
  • christopherpm
    christopherpm Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hell yes.
  • notsosimplyabby
    notsosimplyabby Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Notifications! YES!
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I've suggested the 'highlight' feature (some forums use it)

*all the threads have an icon next to it on the left side, say a circle, and all the circles are blue

*when you reply in a thread, the blue circle turns yellow-so you know you replied SPECIFICALLY to that thread (we all know how many 'can I still eat junk food and lose weight' threads there are!)

*if someone makes a post after yours, the circle turns green so you know you haven't read any replies AFTER your post in that thread

guess people don't understand since they just tell me "go to the 'my posts section'"

but I HATE going back and forth, from forums and 'my posts' it would be easier if I can see at a glance "oh I posted in 5 threads in this section, and a few people posted after me" and the notifications are annoying! They clog up my email box, I don't check it every day, and when I do, I have to sit and delete 1000+ notifications.

the forum is not very user friendly.