Sooooo Cold!

Options
Has anyone else found that they are freezing cold all the time since losing weight? I am down almost 30lbs and drink ice water throughout the day, but I am so cold all the time. I have a heavy sweater and jeans on today along with socks that come up to my knees and I am still freezing cold. Anyone with experience with this? Should I be concerned about another cause?

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    You've lost your layer of insulation! Now you know why the fat people in the room think it's too hot and the thin ones are freezing.
  • jerman01
    jerman01 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I stay cold. I have always been hot, and my wife would complain on how cold it is. Now I freeze.

But, I enjoy being skinny.
  • mizzie1980
    mizzie1980 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Goodness yes! I'm down about 49 pounds from my heaviest and I freeze. All the time. I was actually looking forward to summer (I typically HATE summer, way to darn hot!), because I had been constantly cold for the last 9 months. I've also learned to always wear layers when I go to someone's house because it's almost inevitable that it will be too cold for me.

Makes me wonder, how long does it take for our bodies to adapt to the loss of our fluffy, fluffy insulation?
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Yep. One of the negative side effects LOL.
  • ktaqt3399
    ktaqt3399 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    definatly cold all the time....and i used to walk around in flip flops in the snow
  • brian45
    brian45 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am the same way, I lost 46 lbs. so far and I'm freezing. I never was like this before,
    but I'll adapt because it feels so good NOT to be carrying the extra weight.
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    What was the weight that you started feeling cold? I'm down close to 30 right now (but still @190ish) I am still OK on most days with just a light jacket or no jacket outside (in Canada) and normally just fine inside. The only time I am really cold is when I am really tired, but I have always been this way.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Yes! Especially my hands and feet.
  • NCurtis7570
    NCurtis7570 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I started at 187 and I am down to 153. I started to feel cold around 160. I am glad I am not the only one cold all the time. I was starting to feel like something was wrong with me.
  • gwenr
    gwenr Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I clicked on this post just as I walked to the heater in my office and cranked it up....LOL!! So, yeah...between drinking cold water all day and not having tons of fat...I'm cold too!
  • castlerobber
    castlerobber Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Has anyone else found that they are freezing cold all the time since losing weight? I am down almost 30lbs and drink ice water throughout the day, but I am so cold all the time. I have a heavy sweater and jeans on today along with socks that come up to my knees and I am still freezing cold. Anyone with experience with this? Should I be concerned about another cause?

Possibly because you're only eating around 1100 calories a day, and only about 25% of that as fat. Your body may be trying to conserve energy by "turning down the heat," as it were.
  • mallorycutting
    Options

Possibly because you're only eating around 1100 calories a day, and only about 25% of that as fat. Your body may be trying to conserve energy by "turning down the heat," as it were.

I would suggest not drinking ice water throughout the day... drinking something very cold will make you feel cold.
  • boatsie77
    boatsie77 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Last time I dropped 80+ lbs (7 years ago), I froze too--gained it all back +some. Now I'm down 43 lbs, but l think the cold is offset by hot flashes :-)
  • LilacSnow
    LilacSnow Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    is that true that fat acts as a layer of insulation?
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    I've only lost roughly 11 pounds and now freeze all the time... it is ridiculous.