weight vs inches

Options
I have only lost 8 pounds in a month but my clothes fit diffrent. I did not check my inches when I started would it be ok to check it now? And when should I check it weekly or monthly?

Replies

• supermodelchic
    supermodelchic Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    No harm starting measurements now, I have used a tape for years.:happy:
  • yowza101
    yowza101 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I didn't measure myself when I started either but now I do. I measure once a month. I go by how my clothes feel instead of what the scales say. Sometimes its frustrating when you don't see it on the scale but then you notice that your clothes are loose and go ...yahoooooooooo....hahahaha.
  • Ericaalicia0608
    Ericaalicia0608 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I just started measuring as well since the scale wasn't really moving but my clothes were feeling better. I'm doing the 30 day shred and I'm measuring weekly.
  • jealous_loser
    Options
    I measure monthly because then I can see bigger losses. You can start whenever :)
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I measure weight, body fat, and waist every week now. There is a relationship.
  • mhaight85
    Options
    I'm trying to weigh in on a weekly basis and do measurements less often, maybe once a month? I haven't decided on that. The longer you go between the more difference you'll see. If you measure too often you may get discouraged since you won't see much change.

When I was in high school I became obsessed with my weight and weighed myself multiple times a day. After high school when I moved out I refused to buy a scale so that I wouldn't be tempted to fall back into old patterns. About a year ago my husband bought a scale, and I limit weighing myself to once a week just to see if I'm making progress.
  • MIM49
    MIM49 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I have been dieting since March 26 but have only been measuring for the last 3 months. I found a neat app called Body Monitor where I can record all my measurements. The only thing is I suck at measuring. I know I am steadily losing weight--Scale says so and my clothes fit looser--but I wouldn't know it from my measurements. I try to place the tape in the same spot each time and pull at the same amount (no tourniquet around the fat--LOL) but my measurements are either the same or sometimes even more!! It would help if I could get an accurate measurement to buy clothes as I like to buy online and returning is a pain and costs. Ladies--a question regarding chest measurements: do you measure high on your chest above your boobs (up to your underarms) or do you measure below your boobs where your bra band goes?
  • jealous_loser
    Options
    Ladies--a question regarding chest measurements: do you measure high on your chest above your boobs (up to your underarms) or do you measure below your boobs where your bra band goes?

I have heard of doing both. I only measure bust though.