Where are the 5'7-5'10 WOMEN with small waits/big hips at?

Options
Hi ladies,
I just deleted basically my entire friends list, with hopes to start over with ladies that are only specific to me, or that I have similarities with.
I hope this will help encourage me, and that we can struggle together. :wink:

I'm not sure what my current weight is as I refuse to get on the scale. But I'm pretty sure it's around 220 lbs.
I would like to get to 160 and although I've been logging my food, I've been over like crazy everyday (some days I didn't even finish logging cuz it got too depressing).

I've heard that in order to be successful at losing weight, you need to love yourself first, then you will treat your body right. How do you accomplish this?
I do not love my body and quite frankly, can't stand to look at it.

Any help would be appreciated!

Struggling to start over,
Jenn

Replies

• msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Hi Jenn.
    I'm 5'7 and have a small waist and elephant ears hips. I will say I am not needing to lose a huge amount of weight but i get how hard it can be for the scales to tell you one thing but your darn jeans to poke their tongue out and go 'bllllllthhhh' because of your hips.

I am posting this as a huge big cyber hug to you. *HUG*

edit: your avatar makes you look like an angel :D
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    I don't understand how you know you've lost weight if you haven't gotten on the scale? I would have to know where I'm starting so I know what I'm dealing with. I guess you can just go by how your clothes fit and how you think you look. just a suggestion, get on the scale and record your start weight. Then once a week weigh yourself to see your progress. Its that progress that motivates most to keep going. And if you slip up you can see it and think of how far you've came and tell yourself you don't want to go back to how you were. Yes you'll have times when you'll gain and other times when the scale just won't move. BUt for me thats more motivation to try harder and be more aware of what I'm eating and how much I exercise. I'm 5'11" and started at 224 pounds. I'm down to 180 now. Just a tip on weighing in... weigh in first thing in the morning before you have anything to eat or drink. Most people weigh in after they empty their bladder. I happen to carry my weight evenly all over. I can't say that I have a large rear and small waist. I lose and gain all over. My weight loss wasn't noticeable till after the first 20 lbs. People first started to notice it in my face. I went from a size 14 jeans to a 10. I'm now able to wear size 10 skinny jeans with medium rise and no muffin top. At my thinnest I was an 8. I really don't want to get any lower than that. At my height I look sickly that skinny. I like having curves.
  • Evallusion
    Evallusion Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    5'7 and 125 pounds. Small waist (28 3/4 inches), big hips (39.5 inches). Not here to lose weight anymore but rather to strength train and gain muscle.
  • vikdexkaykai
    vikdexkaykai Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I don't understand how you know you've lost weight if you haven't gotten on the scale? I would have to know where I'm starting so I know what I'm dealing with. I guess you can just go by how your clothes fit and how you think you look. just a suggestion, get on the scale and record your start weight. Then once a week weigh yourself to see your progress. Its that progress that motivates most to keep going. And if you slip up you can see it and think of how far you've came and tell yourself you don't want to go back to how you were. Yes you'll have times when you'll gain and other times when the scale just won't move. BUt for me thats more motivation to try harder and be more aware of what I'm eating and how much I exercise. I'm 5'11" and started at 224 pounds. I'm down to 180 now. Just a tip on weighing in... weigh in first thing in the morning before you have anything to eat or drink. Most people weigh in after they empty their bladder. I happen to carry my weight evenly all over. I can't say that I have a large rear and small waist. I lose and gain all over. My weight loss wasn't noticeable till after the first 20 lbs. People first started to notice it in my face. I went from a size 14 jeans to a 10. I'm now able to wear size 10 skinny jeans with medium rise and no muffin top. At my thinnest I was an 8. I really don't want to get any lower than that. At my height I look sickly that skinny. I like having curves.
    Hi...thanks for the support!
    I only recently stopped getting on the scale because I was getting obsessed and then if it didn't move like I thought it should, I would get depressed and fall off the horse. I know I need to get back on the scale in order to know your progress!
  • wendyj910
    wendyj910 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm only 5'6" but I have a much smaller waist than hips, and huge boobs. I am the typical "hourglass" figure. I started out at 255 and am down to 238 with a goal of 160.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    *raises hand* 5ft8 pear-shaped gal here.
  • butterflyqueen1984
    butterflyqueen1984 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Hi...thanks for the support!
    I only recently stopped getting on the scale because I was getting obsessed and then if it didn't move like I thought it should, I would get depressed and fall off the horse. I know I need to get back on the scale in order to know your progress!

I am 5ft 7 and currently at 208Ibs, I am also aiming to get to 160. I decided not to weigh myself until like a month later and then I know I must have gone down even a little bit. Don't worry too much about the scales. Concentrate on what you are eating and putting into your mouth then weigh yourself when you think yay I must have lost something I am starting to feel smaller. This is the smallest I have EVER been! In total (before using MFP) I have lost 3 and half stone, you can do this! Try to think about how much better you will feel when the weight starts to come off. You have already lost 11Ibs so you must of felt how good that was, just start tomorrow with a new fresh. Don't think about the negatives xx
  • CarolinaMoon76
    Options
    I am one big hourglass :laugh:

All my clothes are too large on the waist because I need them to fit my hips. Whats more, when I do lose weight it comes off the chest and waist and not the hips so I end up bottom heavy - hoping to change that this time though with running. My thighs are starting to slim down.
  • RF3377
    RF3377 Posts: 97
    Options
    5'9 here currently 156.4lbs my waist is 29in with my hips at 40in...I started at 211lbs and since I started taken my measurements (8 months ago) I've only lost about 2inches from my hips...add me as a friend if you like.