Nike fuel band

Options
Anyone have the Nike fuel band ? Do ya like it? I'm thinking of that or the fit bit for Christmas.

Replies

• lindsy721
    lindsy721 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I used the Fuel Band for a few months, it's pretty fun. Just keep in mind that it won't record your movement if you're doing something like riding a bike, unless you put the band on your shoe.

But for things like walking/jogging, anything involving arm movements... it's great! I eventually kind of fell out of the habit since my main form of exercise is pole, and it's too bulky to wear during pole time :-(
  • charelg
    charelg Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    So it's basically like a Hrm. Watch? I wonder if buying a Hrm would be better. Hmmmm. Pole exercise?? Interesting.
  • charelg
    Options
    Fit bit Vs. Nike fuel Band recommendations??
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I have one and honestly it's a nice toy and a cool watch. It is not a HRM - it works off of an accelerometer (your motion) and is very inaccurate. If you want something to track calories all day get the Fit Bit or a Body Bugg. If you want something to track just when you workout, get a Polar HRM watch.
  • lsilly15
    lsilly15 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    im thinking the fit bit is better. when i read reviews on the nike fuel band, alot of ppls bands broke
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    If you are trying to track excerise calories, go with a HRM (heart rate monitor). If you are trying to track movement, maybe try Bodymedia. The fitbit is ok, but doesn't track things like weights, cycling, swimming correctly. It works best for walking & running.

I have shifted away from the Fitbit due to the issues MFP/Fitbit was having in syncing, instead i upgraded my FT7 HRM to the Bluetooth version and use Endo to track exercise. I still wear the Fitbit to see my over-all steps / activity level, but since it & MFP aren't currently synced, it's more of a fancy pedometer for me.
  • charelg
    Options
    Hmmm ok, I mostly do cardio workouts, insanity now. So I'm guessing the fit bit would be best. Thanks for the replies.