Feeling gloomy and unmotivated!

Options
2»

Replies

• Great_Mazinga
    Great_Mazinga Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Definitely let us know how the event went. Sounds like fun.
  • Missyah24
    Options
    As I read this I'm becoming more and more inspired by you! I think you should definitely go and I know you're going to Rock It! I have found that sometimes it's actually better to go into something like that alone because then you are forced out of your comfort zone and you get to push yourself extra hard and make some new friends!

I can't wait to hear how it turns out! I'm cheering you on from Buffalo!
  • tubbyelmo
    tubbyelmo Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Go for it, think how proud you will feel when you've done it! Wish I could come and do it too, it sounds fantastic!!!
  • Wonderwoman2677
    Wonderwoman2677 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    You say "SCREW YOU!!!" to your nay sayer friends. Don't be discouraged!! You can do this and you will be so proud when you do!! 4 miles isn't as long as it sounds like... I ran that far with my kids one day not realizing that we were going that far... I never would have tried if I had know up front. Don't let the number get in your head... you can do this!

I want to hear all about it when you're done! Have fun!
  • tamba01
    tamba01 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    You should go. You've worked too hard to stop now. Just prove your friends wrong, that will be a great feeling.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I don't think you should "skip it". I wouldn't look at it as some big event that you must perform well in, just go out there and have fun. If you can't do the 4 miles, then oh well. But you might surprise yourself! You'll never know unless you try it! :)

Go out there and have fun with it. Then at NEXT years Zombie Stomp, when you've made all of this fantastic progress, you will destroy the 4 miles and look back and be glad you did it this year so you could see how far you've come.

What this guy said!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys for your comments. I AM going to go. Even i I die halfway through and get eaten by zombies, I have totally looked forward to this and worked hard!! If I didn't go I would just be bailing on myself just like my friend did.

So I am going to do it!!

And besides that, when the real zombie apocalypse happens, you'll be ready. Your friend, on the other hand...well, when you see here shambling up crying about brains, just run away and laugh!
  • dadzpeach
    dadzpeach Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Don't skip it! I was a zombie at an event similar to yours last saturday and there were several people who ran past us zombies and then walked... until they saw me behind them chasing them! Don't sweat it, go have fun!
  • Scarlett_S
    Scarlett_S Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I would not skip it. I've been in the exact same situation, though it wasn't a Zombie run. You will have a HUGE sense of accomplishment when you finish it and you will not regret doing it. But you will regret NOT doing it, especially if its paid for. Go for it, even if you walk it!
  • HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys for your comments. I AM going to go. Even i I die halfway through and get eaten by zombies, I have totally looked forward to this and worked hard!! If I didn't go I would just be bailing on myself just like my friend did.

So I am going to do it!!

And besides that, when the real zombie apocalypse happens, you'll be ready. Your friend, on the other hand...well, when you see here shambling up crying about brains, just run away and laugh!

LOL!! This is great practice for the real deal :)

OP - You will meet interesting people there. And just a note, you don't have to run the whole thing!!! Trust me, I run/walk/jog/run/walk those things all the time. No one will judge you if you walk or go around an obstacle. AND some people help each others through the obstacles.

Have fun!!
  • kittenbobitten
    kittenbobitten Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Reading everyone's comments has been amazing this morning! Last night I felt nervous and unsure of myself and now...here I am, feeling happy and totally excited again.

Thanks MFP people!!! Y'all are great!!

And I will definitely update everyone on how it goes. I recently bought a helmet-mounted water-proof camera (HEY!!! It was an amazing deal on WOOT!). If I can figure out how to use it I might record my whole race. :)

:laugh:
    :glasses:
  • eileenchristine
    eileenchristine Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    It sounds like a hoot! Now that would get me motivated to get out there and exercise more! Go! I wanna hear about it. Wish they had something like that here. I wanna do it and trust me, I doubt I could even run a mile at this point. You been doing MFP a bit longer than me.

Again, go. Do this for you and to have fun! Never know who you going to meet there!

Ok speaking of exercise I got some semi composted hair to move. Its not running but it is cleaning up my yard.

Christine
  • dadzpeach
    dadzpeach Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Reading everyone's comments has been amazing this morning! Last night I felt nervous and unsure of myself and now...here I am, feeling happy and totally excited again.

And I will definitely update everyone on how it goes. I recently bought a helmet-mounted water-proof camera (HEY!!! It was an amazing deal on WOOT!). If I can figure out how to use it I might record my whole race. :)

ooh definitely do that, one of my buddies had a camera mounted on his head as a zombie... made for some HILARIOUS videos!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options

ooh definitely do that, one of my buddies had a camera mounted on his head as a zombie... made for some HILARIOUS videos!
    YAY!! It sounds like it will be a blast!! Fun and exercising!! You can't ask for more!! Enjoy!
  • kittenbobitten
    kittenbobitten Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    SO!!! I did it! I mostly walked with a little running. I finished dead last with two other walkers, but it was fun and I had a great time. I did get zombie-fied, but oh well!! I will post some videos and pics tomorrow or Monday!!
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    SO!!! I did it! I mostly walked with a little running. I finished dead last with two other walkers, but it was fun and I had a great time. I did get zombie-fied, but oh well!! I will post some videos and pics tomorrow or Monday!!

there you go!!! I am glad you bucked your nay-saying friends and went. I've never been to one but I'd finish last cuz I'd be so busy looking at all the costumes and stuff. I just might have to try this next year. Good for you!!!!! :drinker:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    Excellent job!!
  • tamba01
    tamba01 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Congratulations !!! You did it. You proved to yourself that you can do it. I'm proud of you. I would love to see any of the pic or videos that you got.