Diet pills

Options
Good idea or bad idea?

Replies

• ladyfox1979
    ladyfox1979 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Bad Idea! Enough said. The side effects outweigh the benefits all the time.
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    Bad.

Boils down to being a waste of money...you can get the same outcome by changing your diet, without the side effects.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    If it was a good idea nobody would make money from it, because it would work and there would be no fat people....
  • LeslieC1970
    Options
    IMO - bad idea. I have tried almost everything over the years and have been disappointed every time. Save your money and follow a sensible eathing and exercise routine and you will get there faster than relying on a diet pill.
  • jobiheps
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing?? Are they a good idea or not.... I've heard the acAi berry weight loss extreme pills were really good but I don't know whether it would work for me.... Seems expensive too??? Help....

( Just had baby lily - feeling rather huge!!!! )
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    how bout some preggo pee??:flowerforyou:
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Send me $100. I'll do everything a diet pill will do for you...

Nothing.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Think about it this way: if diet pills worked, they would be manufactured and sold by the huge pharmaceutical corporations, not a shady side market that pays off doctors to make ludicrous claims.
  • nisha0612
    nisha0612 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    bad idea.. the only supplement i have is 1 green tea concentrate capsule per day... helps enhance your metabolism :)
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    If you need to ask you know the answer.
    FYI: If you use the search facility before writing a topic you might save some time and not get sarcastic snarky responses :flowerforyou:
  • want2belean
    want2belean Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    As much as we would all like to believe.. there are no shortcuts...Diet pills don't keep the wieght off and sometimes the side affects are worst than if you would just bite the bullet and work hard at excercise and eating right.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Bad idea, think of it this way, you might lose weight on it but once you quit taking it, what has your body learned? To rely on a pill to lose weight, that's about all so you will most likely gain it all back plus some.
  • NicLiving
    NicLiving Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Send me $100. I'll do everything a diet pill will do for you...

Nothing.

what she said ^^ :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    They're a great idea! I take them whenever I have a big home project to completely or an all-night party to attend.

But they don't do anything for weight loss... it's just that they're more easily accessible than meth.
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I think some can get you high. So if you're into that sort of thing, they *may* be a good fit for you.

Oh, did you mean for weight loss? :laugh: Don't be a sucker.
  • Bdde
    Bdde Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    THEY are Really really bad idea! You're in the wrong place hun for diet pills support. It's a life style change. Pills are temporary and can really affect your health in a bad way.
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Most are basically thermogenics and green tea shiz.

Just spend that money on food, peppers, tea, chicken breasts. You can learn to eat right forever, not take a pill forever!

Plus if you take the pill and do no exercise then nothing will happen. Minus the pill and exercise something will!
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Great idea!
    But only for the company selling them.
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    I just bought CLA from GNC!!! It is all natural. I know people that have used these adn they have worked. I am trying them out myself.
  • sjfugatt1
    sjfugatt1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I take Lipozene that I get from Walmart (a double pack for just under $20 and no shipping), and I seem to lose more weight than when I've not been taking them. I was on them for almost two weeks and was losing daily, then quit taking them to see if they really made a difference. After about three weeks without them, I would gain and lose the same 2-3 pounds no matter how much I exercised, and I was staying within my food goals daily. I guess it depends on the individual, but I know it helped me. I'm back on them and have been losing again.