Looking for friends and support

Options
Hi everyone! I'd like to make some friends on here and develop a support system. I'm tired of gaining and losing the same 5 lbs and would like to lose 20 lbs for good. I just joined a new gym (crunch) and am hoping between that and MFP (and new friends with similar goals) that I can finally reach and maintain a healthy weight.

Looking to share tips on convenient/healthy meals and snacks, effective/time-saving workouts and ups and downs! My day is 12 hours door to door, so convenience is key!

Thanks!

Jess

Replies

• jobiheps
    Options
    Well... I've just had a baby and am in a similar position (got no time for me) I try and go for a walk every day, I've cut out all the bad food even CHOCOLATE!!! Not quite haha (I've switched to dark choc) I've put on a load of weight from pregnancy trying to lose it and get back to old me!!!

I do know that chicken and protein is your best bet for meals... But it does get v boring when I can't think of any meals that are healthy...

Cheers
    Jo
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    You can add me if you want Im very supportive and have also been on here since Feb of 2012 Ive lost about 14 and put it all back on and now have lost 9 so I am a work in progress
  • NewHealthierMe02
    Options
    looking for support and friends....where are you from?
  • librariannj
    Options
    I live in NJ and commute to NYC, you?
  • vidald
    vidald Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend...I am in the same boat as you!
  • jamndyl
    jamndyl Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    You can add me as well. I have more to lose-65lbs, but I'm looking for support too. I had a baby almost 6 months ago, and lost the baby weight, but put it back on. I only gained about 15lbs while pregnant, so I can't blame the baby! Lol
  • Actuate16
    Actuate16 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I work full time and am a full time single mom so yes convenience and efficiency is of the essence. I have about 20 more pounds to loose. I have already lost 10 and have found ways to start working out again. I am from California. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • sue36
    sue36 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I have about 30 more to go.
  • fitnessQueenUK
    fitnessQueenUK Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling :smile:

feel free to add me
  • DreadHead13
    Options
    Feel free to add me. That goes for anyone else too =]
  • NewHealthierMe02
    NewHealthierMe02 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    i live in Pittsburgh