Zumba Fitness DVD

Options
This morning I saw an infomercial for Zumba Fitness DVD. It looked really cool! Right up my alley! Has anyone purchased it or tried it?

I am considering purchasing it, but I wanted to know what others have experienced! Is it a good workout, have you gotten bored with the DVD or does it keep you interested. LASTLY, is it a good workout???

Replies

• uofamama
    uofamama Posts: 2
    Options
    My daughter is a Zumba fitness instructor. She says that Zumba is a very fun way to get your cardio but you need to do it with intensity. Her classes consist of all ages and she says the women that really put everything they have into it are seeing dramatic results but the ones that just go through the motions don't. It is fun and teaches you the dance steps you can take right out on a dance floor. Have fun!
  • inidazz
    inidazz Posts: 1
    Options
    I took Zumba classes...it is very good....I LOVED it!!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,110 Member
    Options
    I bought the package from an infommercial, too. It came with 3 DVDs, several different workout plans on them, a set of the ZUMBA hand-held weights ( which are like moroccos, they make noise, which is fun).

The instructional DVD helps you learn the steps, and when you first start will get your heartrate up - it's kind of an Interval-training hour. If you get good enough to keep up with the instructional one, you'll get a good workout just from it. They have the routines all set up to be Interval training on all the workouts.

I 've bought many workout DVDs and have thrown them all out - except a couple Yoga ones - and the ZUMBA.

It is a good workout, I nver get bored with it, and the music is great. There are ZUMBA classes too, but I use it at home.

I think you'll really like it!
  • HMBradley42
    Options
    I have some zumba dvd's I love them....I am hoping to be able to get back to them soon...I had a bladder lift January 28th
    so I am not allowed any excercising at all until the Dr says I can...I see him monday hopefully to be able to do something
    my ultimate goal is jogging and to do a 5k with my daughter in the spring...But to be able to start off with less impact so I was thinking of going back to my zumba dvd's
  • justann
    justann Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I'm not one who likes to dance and I even love the Zumba dvds. They are a great workout without even feeling like a workout. You will definately work up a sweat and get that core moving and twisting.:wink:
  • mmrose00
    mmrose00 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    COOL!!! I guess I'm sold!! I have always loved dancing classes ie. Salsa etc.. So I will certainly give this a try!

Thanks ALL!
  • Andi_Mo
    Andi_Mo Posts: 243
    Options
    I have the DVDs and I take the classes right now! Love BOTH! If you can find a class in your area, please take it. So much fun. The DVDs are fun but with other people around to party with and different music (They add in more hip hop and popular music in class and the DVD has music made just for Zumba). I think you would love it. It's different from the "shred" but it's fun and effective. Good luck!
  • mmrose00
    mmrose00 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I have the DVDs and I take the classes right now! Love BOTH! If you can find a class in your area, please take it. So much fun. The DVDs are fun but with other people around to party with and different music (They add in more hip hop and popular music in class and the DVD has music made just for Zumba). I think you would love it. It's different from the "shred" but it's fun and effective. Good luck!

I was thinking of taking a class before purchasing or in lieu of the DVD just to go somewhere else and do other workouts .. I will check into that!!
  • mariapia
    mariapia Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I just took a Zoomba Class at my gym - Terrie's - it was 60 minutes. Really fun, you work up a good sweat and it goes fast. My question is how many calories does it burn? Anyone have any idea? Thanks- Maria
  • sioannone
    sioannone Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I take a Zumba class twice a week. It is so much fun in the class, but don't know if doing it by yourself would be as much . The class gives such a high energy. I agree about intensity. You really have to let yourself go and put everything into it. Nobody looks at you because you have to keep focused on the instructor at all times. On a googled Zumba site, the estimated calorie burn was 450 for an hour for a 150 pound person. Give it a try!
  • luv2run4fun
    Options
    Teach it...LOVE it! Great for the abs, too! It's an easy workout to do because you don't feel like you're exercising--you're dancing and you learn great latin dance moves, too!!! Go for it!!!:wink:
  • learning2bfit
    learning2bfit Posts: 61 Member
    Options

I was thinking of taking a class before purchasing or in lieu of the DVD just to go somewhere else and do other workouts .. I will check into that!!

let me know if you find a class in our area...sounds really interesting.
  • itsmenatalie
    itsmenatalie Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I do Zumba once a week for 60 minutes and burn on average 450 - 500 calories. It will of course depend on your personal level of fitness and how hard you are working in the class, but it's a really good work out. I LOVE it.
  • oomalmal
    oomalmal Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I have my Zumba DVD's and looooove them. You don't get bored and it's great fun. The music is even good.
  • TeriB19
    TeriB19 Posts: 33
    Options
    I've been taking Zumba 2-3 times a week since last summer and I can't ever get enough of it!! I'm new to the site and was looking for something that would tell me how many calories the class burns. Looks like I've found it, thank you!!!
  • eepidee
    eepidee Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Uofamama~ Where can I get a dvd of your daughter teaching Zumba?
  • uofamama
    uofamama Posts: 2
    Options
    Her DVD will be released by the end of this year. I'll keep you posted.