Insanity Review Needed-any concern?

Options
I am doing 30 days shred now, and looking for a new thing to try after this.

I searched for Insanity online since I am interested in this one. a lot of people here said great things about it, but I do read some reviews about the program's design -not so scientifically, e.g, training on same areas repeatedly instead of all over the body, may increase the chances of injury, etc.

I hope some of you can give me suggestion or any comments about this program, so that I may have a better idea on what I want. Thanks in advance!

Replies

• yaomihaha
    yaomihaha Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    bump
  • hiitrocks
    Options
    Hi there! I am almost into my final two weeks of Insanity and am loving it. Now I will admit that I have had my days when I wanted to throw the towel in but that is part of the challenge. It is really hard going, the second month particularly as the workouts get longer by a circuit each. I knew that Insanity was going to be as much of a mental challenge as a physical one and that is why I waited for the right time, waited till I knew I could hack it mentally. If you are newish to exercise I might suggest something else first maybe. I have done Turbofire and Jillian Michaels Body Revolution along with other Jillian DVDs like ripped, killer and extreme shed and shred along with a couple of Bob Harper's and I really believe that these, particularly Turbo and JMBR prepped me mentally for insanity.
    The first month of Insanity I was aching a fair bit for the first week but the body quickly adapts. After this first month, you have a week of recovery so easier workouts to help your muscles rest followed by month two which is a big step up and took me another good week to get used to but as I said before, the body adapts pretty quickly. That first week of month two was a big step up for me and the hardest to get through but now I am so happy that I have almost made it! I am really going to miss insanity and will probably do a work out a week at least of that mixed in with some weight training. I haven't missed weight training to be honest, whereas with Turbofire I did. Feel free to ask any other questions!