30DS, Insanity, Turbo Fire - Which do you recommend?

Options
Which program do you recommend? I need to start getting in some extra work outs at home. I love boot camp but with a hectic schedule, I cannot always make it!

Replies

• geminigirl1979
    geminigirl1979 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    If you love bootcamp, Insanity would probably be a good fit. I'm just finishing month 1 and it's awesome, a little addicting too. I bought 30DS and TurboFire, but haven't done them yet, need to finish Insanity first.
  • sleibo87
    sleibo87 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I love Jillian but 30ds can get boring fast. I did her 3 months program BODY REVOLUTION and LOVED IT! had great results and it was a lot of fun! (since it works your way into the harder moves you aren't thrown to the wolves and every 2 weeks you switch videos so it was easy to stick with and not get bored). I am doing Insanity now and like it a lot, but no way i could have done it without body rev. since it prepared me for the intensity. I do miss the weights from Body Rev though, I don't want my muscle to go away from just doing the cardio. Good luck!
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I've only done Turbo Fire. . of the 3 you mentioned. I like Chalene Johnson, so I'll say you'll get a good workout. It can be a bit challenging to catch on if you aren't used to her moves and cueing at first. Then it's just plain fun and sweaty!! :-)
  • jessgumkowski88
    jessgumkowski88 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing insanity and I LOVE it! I've lost 12 pounds in about 5 weeks! and supposedly these last 4 weeks is where all the weight loss and muscle toning is. So we'll see. However i've heard great things about the 30DS as well and all the videos are on youtube for free there. You can also find some of the insanity videos on youtube.
  • knk1553
    knk1553 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Well 30DS only costs $9 and howeve rmuch a pair of weights would cost you, so cost wise, its the best. I did one month of insanity and stopped for 2 weeks due to injury and other reasons and I LOVED it, it was hard, but worth it. I have turbofire coming in the mail by early next week and I'm planning on starting that. I personally think if you do 30DS you need to make sure your weights are at least 5lbs and incorporate in other cardio as well. I got noticable results with insanity (noticable to the point where other people were noticing) ane one of my friends just completed week 7 of 9 and has lost over 11 inches doing it. Kind of up to you on how much you want to spend truthfully.
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    If you are just starting out, 30DS is fine. It's very inexpensive and is plenty challenging.
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    I was bored with 30DS pretty quickly. I just received Insanity and TurboFire and will be starting TF soon!!!!
    If cost is an issue, there is a GREAT deal on TurboFire Right Now until they are sold out, pm me if you need the link, its not on their regular site.

Good luck with the plan you pick.
  • KimInsanityP
    Options
    TURBOFIRE!!!!
  • shoniej
    shoniej Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Yes, I found the deal for TF on Groupon which made me start thinking about which one to do!! I am also running 3 days a week (C25K program) but I feel like I need more! I've heard other people say they were bored with 30DS and if I get bored, I will not do it! So something to think about. Thank you for all the advice!! :happy:
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    For $9 and 20 minutes a day you're not going to get much better than 30 Day Shred. I did it and picked up Ripped In 30 right after. Eat right and give it your all and you WILL see results!

I may move onto Insanity or P90X at some point, but so far Jillian's DVD's work for me! Plus I run a lot so don't do it everyday. 30 DS took me 45 days...

(1) last summer (2) after 30 DS (3) after Ripped In 30

Ripped-In-30-Day30-results-.jpg
  • Juliane_
    Juliane_ Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I'm loving tubo fire. I honestly recommend you do both of them. Perhaps one to start and then when you're done follow with the second one.

I LOVE the motivation Chalene Johnson gives me. The way she says things makes me PUSH through my workout when I'm about to DIE. "YOU"RE NOT TIRED!" ....she just knows what to say at the right moment when I'm about to give up. It feels as if I'm right there with her and she can see me about to give up lol.

Jillian is great too. I tend to "argue" with her while doing my workouts with her lol ....still a GREAT burn and it does work. She knows how to work you.
  • edixon908
    edixon908 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I plan to start TF after I complete Insanity (week 4 right now). I enjoy Insanity but I would NOT recommend that you start with it. Its very difficult but worth it if you truly can commit 62 days to completing it.
  • melliebelly77
    Options
    I just finished 30DS and was great1
    Im doing Ripped in 30 starting Sunday and I just bought Turbofire and will do that after Ripped!
  • Wyoruby
    Wyoruby Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I love Turbo fire and anything Chalene Johnson does. She is so motivating especially at the exact time that you feel like you want to quite. And with the great deal they have going on right now I would go with that one for sure!
  • doinit78
    doinit78 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I loved TB... it is also on sale, so if you know a beach body coach, now is the time to get it. As the others mentioned, Chalene is very motivating and the choreography is not hard to catch on to. I just started Insanity and I LOVE IT. Do them all then repeat.