Please take a look at today's diary entry...

Options
DJ2120
DJ2120 Posts: 407 Member
I've been going back & forth with my what I eat & I think today's entries are what my diet will look like typically. Does it look pretty good? Anything I should change? I am totally open to suggestions :smile: BTW I don't log my work outs because I'm not sure how accurate MFP is with that. But I do work out 6 days a week lol! I'm looking for mostly advice on my servings of different things. Am I eating too many carbs? Enough veggies & fruits? Etc. Thanks in advance!

Replies

• LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    If you're working out too (and even if you're not) if that's your whole day then it's far too few calories for a start.
  • DJ2120
    Options
    If you're working out too (and even if you're not) if that's your whole day then it's far too few calories for a start.

That's all the food I brought with me to work. After I get home I'll probably have some yogurt & fruit.
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    What is "Sandwich, 1 serving"?
    I will agree though..if you work out as much as you say you need to eat more. With as little weight to lose as you have you need to lose much slower than someone who has a lot more. Have you calculated your TDEE?
  • DJ2120
    Options
    What is "Sandwich, 1 serving"?
    I will agree though..if you work out as much as you say you need to eat more. With as little weight to lose as you have you need to lose much slower than someone who has a lot more. Have you calculated your TDEE?

Oh sorry! My sandwich is turkey, spinach, cucumbers & tomato on a low carb low calorie pita. I'm not sure of my tdee I'm 5'4 115 pounds.
  • DJ2120
    Options
    I do eat a bit more than this. I could add anything from a big bowl of plain popcorn, to more fruits/veggies or greek yogurt. It just depends on what I'm in the mood for after I get home from work.
  • sarahisme18
    sarahisme18 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Yep, not enough calories for working out 6 days a week. I work out 6 days a week, and have been eating 1800 calories a day—still losing. You'll feel much better and make better choices doing that.... plus, you won't stall your weight loss.
  • DJ2120
    Options
    Yep, not enough calories for working out 6 days a week. I work out 6 days a week, and have been eating 1800 calories a day—still losing. You'll feel much better and make better choices doing that.... plus, you won't stall your weight loss.

I'm totally all for eating more. Do you think my balance of carbs, fats, veggies, fruits is ok?
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure of my tdee I'm 5'4 115 pounds.

Working out 6 days a week..close to 2200. So close to goal weight..TDEE - 10% - Need to eat closer to 1900 - I don't think you will make it on popcorn, yogurt and fruit/veggies.
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options

Have you checked out helloit'sdan's post? If not, you should (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12) To figure out your TDEE go here: http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/ start with the Military Body Fat Percentage tool.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    agree with the other posters (and I am pretty sure you have been told this before)...you should be eating more.
  • sammyjo0402
    sammyjo0402 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    The only thing I noticed is you seem to enjoy that sugar free syrup which isn't terrible but I recently read the Abs Diet book. It has been very helpful and was very informative.. from there I read that you want to watch foods that claim to be sugar free because they often times replace it with sugar alcohol which is no better for you. I'd explain.. but you should maybe read into yourself. Other than that you seem to have a great eating pattern (: while some have said eating more would be better though is very true.. You seem very thin and fit already so if you're lacking energy or can't seem to be losing then I would definitely try increasing those calories.. fruits and veggies and meats all seem to be good on your end as well.
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    Too few calories and I would amp your vegetables up at lunch (not sure if there are any vegetables in the sandwich); you should get a minimum of 5 servings of fruit & vegetables per day but shoot for 1/2 of each meal to be vegetable/fruit.
  • DJ2120
    Options

Have you checked out helloit'sdan's post? If not, you should (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12) To figure out your TDEE go here: http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/ start with the Military Body Fat Percentage tool.

I'll read that post, thank you! :-)
  • DJ2120
    Options
    Too few calories and I would amp your vegetables up at lunch (not sure if there are any vegetables in the sandwich); you should get a minimum of 5 servings of fruit & vegetables per day but shoot for 1/2 of each meal to be vegetable/fruit.

I'm totally up to eat more veggies & fruits! And yes my sandwich has turkey, spinach, tomatoes & cucumbers.
  • DJ2120
    Options
    The only thing I noticed is you seem to enjoy that sugar free syrup which isn't terrible but I recently read the Abs Diet book. It has been very helpful and was very informative.. from there I read that you want to watch foods that claim to be sugar free because they often times replace it with sugar alcohol which is no better for you. I'd explain.. but you should maybe read into yourself. Other than that you seem to have a great eating pattern (: while some have said eating more would be better though is very true.. You seem very thin and fit already so if you're lacking energy or can't seem to be losing then I would definitely try increasing those calories.. fruits and veggies and meats all seem to be good on your end as well.

Yes I really do enjoy that syrup. I try to use Truvia instead, but I'm so addicted to it :ohwell:
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised that at your height and weight you want to lose more weight. Are you trying to disappear? just kidding. But seriously why would you want to lose more? My daughter is your height and weighs more than you and looks great. From what I've seen and heard from others its harder to lose weight the closer you get to your ideal weight. Could be your body is fighting you on taking off those few extra pounds.
  • DJ2120
    Options
    I'm surprised that at your height and weight you want to lose more weight. Are you trying to disappear? just kidding. But seriously why would you want to lose more? My daughter is your height and weighs more than you and looks great. From what I've seen and heard from others its harder to lose weight the closer you get to your ideal weight. Could be your body is fighting you on taking off those few extra pounds.

I'm not trying to lose so much, but I do have issues with letting my eating & portions get out of control. So I plan to keep my calories around 12 to 13 hundred & if I eat a bit more it won't be so much that I start gaining.
  • DJ2120
    Options
    Oh & I definitely allow myself a cheat meal or two on the weekends :happy:
  • petiteLady89
    petiteLady89 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    your calories are way too low. Especially if you workout SIX days a week. I workout six days a week anywhere from 30-60 minutes and my daily GOAL right now is 1600. Some times I'm a bit under and some times I am closer to 2000.

Also, my macros are set at 40 carb, 30 protein and 30 fat. Still working on getting my protein up, though. I'm going to buy a protein powder.
  • petiteLady89
    petiteLady89 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Try to stay away from low fat, fat free, sugar free foods. Go for the real thing. Also truvia is not good at all. Please google side effects. I experienced some and didn't realize it until someone pointed it out and I stopped it. They stopped, as well. Go with REAL foods as much as possible.