The great calorie question

Options
I work 10 hours a day 5 days a week doing child care 3-5 kids very busy! so I set my activity level at high as we go on walks and I am cleaning for an hour in the morning most days as well (or at night) to ge tthe place clean for next days kids. I also work out 6 days a week, 3 lifting, 3 yoga and 4 cardio. I dont eat back my cals insted I have my calories set at the same everyday as a calculator I found on fitness frog. I recently got a job serving 3 nights a week for 4-5 hours (ON TOP of what I do) My qustion is a online calculator says i burn about 850 calories in that 4 hours (i estimate 600 as we arnt always that busy) and the nights i work i get astaff meal usually about 400 calories, should I log this and be worried I am going over my calories or just not worry about it (but log it still) I DONT log my serving calories.... any thoughts? should i log my serving calories?

Replies

• Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    If you're making progress, you're doing it right. If you're not, cut back on calories a little.
  • _stephanie0
    _stephanie0 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    how much are you currently eating?

you want to eat enough to support your activity level but not too little so prevent muscle gain.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    If you're making progress, you're doing it right. If you're not, cut back on calories a little.

This ^^
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options

This!

Don't over complicate things :flowerforyou:
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Busy busy!! And I agree with everyone else
  • lovinmomma
    Options
    according to a fitness site I burn 2500-2700 calories a day (with work outs) so I am eatting 1800 (deficit of 700) calories a day everyday, but with this new job i am starving by the end of the night so i eat my meal and i am usually at 2000 calories
  • TheViperMan
    TheViperMan Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    My guess is, considering your work load, you should be ingesting a pretty decent number of calories. Even at 1,800 a day I'm not sure I'm getting enough and I'm not quite as active as you (but I'm a guy.)
  • StinkyWinkies
    StinkyWinkies Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    What everyone else said... :smile:
  • lovinmomma
    Options
    I havent made any progress eatting less calories! so I actually bumped it up to 1800 from 1500 and have seen some loss since doing that
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    If you're at the highest you can go for activity level, I would manually adjust your calorie intake and add in those calories that you're burning while serving so that you don't have to log it every day.