Almost there...I got to keep on pushing

Options
A LITTLE scared to do this, but I feel called to do it. First of all, I do not see this success as mine but of the Lord's. I want to give Him thanks and show everyone that He cares about ALL our needs and desires. He will meet all of our ne
eds. Even if we do not get our desires, He loves us enough to acknowledge them,too.

Most of my childhood was like a nightmare. I went through incest and physical and emotional abuse. Those around me took out their anger and emotional pain out on me. Though it hurt, I can look back now with God's mercy and compassion and see that hurt people hurt people. Because of all the abuse, I basically shut myself inside. I barely talked or interacted when I was in middle school. But through books by Malcom X, Maya Angelou and Toni Morrison, God gave me hope. And when I learned of Oprah's story, I heard His whisper to get up and live again when I was in8th grade. Ever since then, my goal has been to be successful and free from the past so that one day I can help other abused victims. I am actually doing that now at my current job in Africa, which I am thankful for. The road has not been easy. God has saved me from a suicide attempt during my senior year of college. He has paid my way around the world when I had limited support. I fought depression and attacks by others this year. But He has made me the victor. God you are truly Good. Usually when people attack my self-worth, I regress but this time because I trusted Him , He got me through the valley. And though I am slipping, flopping and struggling now, I will not give up as long as I know there is God. He is truly my father. And I know that He will give me the full victory.
Whatever you may be going though, know that He loves you and wants to help you. Let Him in. Your burden or pain may be great but He will make it manageable for you. Thank you Lord.
I hope I have not offended anyone. I'm not trying to impose my faith on anyone. But just in case , there is someone out there who is suffering or drowning in pain, you have a friend in God. He loves us all and hopes for the best for each one of us. Though I spent most of college hating and being angry at God, He still held me and kissed each of my wounds. I don't know why those bad things happened to me. And I don't think there is any good reason for it to had happen. But He is using what should have killed me to make me great by being a testimony for others to hold on to hope when all seems bleak and hopeless.
And you can also message me if you need support or prayers. Thanks for letting me share. God Bless,
K
P.S. ITs NEVEr too late to turn back to Him
picisto-201211020915moi35-800968.jpg

Replies

• phatnotfat81
    Options
    Yes ma'am; well said! Keep going and keep the faith; you have indeed come very far!!!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    A LITTLE scared to do this, but I feel called to do it. First of all, I do not see this success as mine but of the Lord's. I want to give Him thanks and show everyone that He cares about ALL our needs and desires. He will meet all of our ne
    eds. Even if we do not get our desires, He loves us enough to acknowledge them,too.

Most of my childhood was like a nightmare. I went through incest and physical and emotional abuse. Those around me took out their anger and emotional pain out on me. Though it hurt, I can look back now with God's mercy and compassion and see that hurt people hurt people. Because of all the abuse, I basically shut myself inside. I barely talked or interacted when I was in middle school. But through books by Malcom X, Maya Angelou and Toni Morrison, God gave me hope. And when I learned of Oprah's story, I heard His whisper to get up and live again when I was in8th grade. Ever since then, my goal has been to be successful and free from the past so that one day I can help other abused victims. I am actually doing that now at my current job in Africa, which I am thankful for. The road has not been easy. God has saved me from a suicide attempt during my senior year of college. He has paid my way around the world when I had limited support. I fought depression and attacks by others this year. But He has made me the victor. God you are truly Good. Usually when people attack my self-worth, I regress but this time because I trusted Him , He got me through the valley. And though I am slipping, flopping and struggling now, I will not give up as long as I know there is God. He is truly my father. And I know that He will give me the full victory.
    Whatever you may be going though, know that He loves you and wants to help you. Let Him in. Your burden or pain may be great but He will make it manageable for you. Thank you Lord.
    I hope I have not offended anyone. I'm not trying to impose my faith on anyone. But just in case , there is someone out there who is suffering or drowning in pain, you have a friend in God. He loves us all and hopes for the best for each one of us. Though I spent most of college hating and being angry at God, He still held me and kissed each of my wounds. I don't know why those bad things happened to me. And I don't think there is any good reason for it to had happen. But He is using what should have killed me to make me great by being a testimony for others to hold on to hope when all seems bleak and hopeless.
    And you can also message me if you need support or prayers. Thanks for letting me share. God Bless,
    K
    P.S. ITs NEVEr too late to turn back to Him
    picisto-201211020915moi35-800968.jpg

Wow...{{{{ Love and HUGS and Praising God with ya }}}}}}}

Such a deep deep testimony and witness--girl, you're my shero! Thank you so much for daring to post this. I'm so proud of you beloved!
  • Kfarrell6
    Kfarrell6 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    YOU ARE AMAZING!!
  • dancinginrain
    dancinginrain Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    beautiful post. Well done you! xx
  • I am in tears over here!!!!!!! Wow your story has touch my heart!!!!
  • warriorsdontbitch
    warriorsdontbitch Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    thanks so much ladies
  • Fat2Fit145
    Fat2Fit145 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    What an awesome testimony girl... God is truly amazing and im sure this will help someone... I went thorough many years of depresseion and self hate, and contemplated suicide on many occasions... BUT GOD!... He truly heals our wounds, and turns out mess into a MESSage.. to help others.... Without God I would not be here today. I would have no joy, no hope, no purpose. But His LOVE IS AMAZING.....Keep trusting in Him girl. He is your Source of Stength.. ours... This time around I am leaning on Him in this weight loss journey..........it took me a while to get serious with this. I would know God was not pleased everytime i ate KFC or put some other junk in my body..... but i still did. But this time is the last.... a real lifestyle change to really take care of this temple that God has given me. I would cry many times and ask God why He made me fat.... I was truly upset with Him.... but thank God the truth prevails against satans lies. I knwo now that through Him i have the strength to change, I have the strength because His word says "Greater is He that is in me" and He is in me.....im now so at peace!

Girl you just did something so awesome with this post, you wouldnt believe.... thanks for sharing and I pray God will keep you under His wings.! Gods Richest Blessings.
  • warriorsdontbitch
    warriorsdontbitch Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    thanks so much. I felt like I needed to share today. i think the reason that I have been struggling with my wl is because I have become so self-absorbed. And I need to help people out there. God has gotten me through this not only for myself but to help others.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    thanks so much. I felt like I needed to share today. i think the reason that I have been struggling with my wl is because I have become so self-absorbed. And I need to help people out there. God has gotten me through this not only for myself but to help others.

Whoever brings blessing will be enriched, and one who waters will himself be watered.
    Proverbs 11:25

AND:

Romans Chapter 8
    22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.

23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?

25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.

26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
  • MrsCabrera09
    Options
    yes and Amen!

i can do all things through Christ who strengthens me! philippians 4:13

inspired by your story
    keep up the good work :)
  • dayotte33
    dayotte33 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Couldn't agree more...
  • nturner612
    nturner612 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    i love your post. ive always been "proud" of my "b*tchy" attitude but i realized that my marriage (crazy and wrong) had me so hurt on the inside that i was taking it out on the people around me. i am now working on that. and it is so true, hurt people hurt people. smh very lovely words thank you. and keep up with your weight loss, i see you are almost there.
  • cespinoza2012
    Options
    Wow! Thanks for the hopeful tears.:') I look at you today and see where you were. You look amazing! I can relate the painful memories of my past. But unlike yours mine were self inflcted I made many bad choices. I love your faith you have and thanks to your words I too will have faith and give it all to him. Thank you... " I will be hopeful not hopeless."
  • momxs2
    momxs2 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Amazing & very inspiring. God bless you!!! You look amazing and bet you feel good too! Keep going and stay strong!! xx
  • justmetookie
    justmetookie Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Just a breath of fresh air your testimony is. I needed this... Thank you for being a servant of the Most High.
  • gseburn
    gseburn Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Your hard work and focus has paid off. Happy for you!
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    WOW.... Blessed indeed...Keep going honey...you have worked for it and it shows...
  • naner61
    Options
    Thank you for being brave and posting your testimony! To give glory to God even with all your hurts,trials and tribulation reminds me of Matthew 25:23 ...Well done, good and faithful servant.

Amazing!
  • rosarenee1
    rosarenee1 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Way to persevere! Good job on your life changes. :)
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    Awesome you look great
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!