Heart Rate Monitor HELP

Options
Looking to buy a heart rate monitor, and I think i want one that tells you calories burned does anyone have any suggestions?

Replies

• karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I really like my basic Polar FT4. :)
  • Mandie1120
    Mandie1120 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I had the MIO Petite and now I have the MIO active connect... I love them both! they both work great to monitor calories and hear rate and they are simple. The MIO Active Connect just connected to MFP and uploads to your account if you want! Makes it much easier!
  • amberlykay1014
    amberlykay1014 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I have a Suunto M4. It does heart rate / calories burned + you can program your workouts and upload them. You can store your workouts and track your progress. There's an initial fitness test too.

I think the thing I like most is that it gives motivational messages and it tells me in the morning when it's an exercise day. Love it!

It also looks great and I wear it almost all the time.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    I like Polar products and if you're going to invest make sure you get one with chest strap for accuracy.
  • plumlane
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I was hoping to stay under $100, but i am guessing you get more with the $$...i appreciate your opinions!
  • Priincess_Natalie
    Priincess_Natalie Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4 from amazon.com :)
  • spud_chick
    spud_chick Posts: 2,639 Member
    Options
    For women who have the Polar FT4, do you find the chest strap irritating? I'm a 36/38C, for reference.
  • karint74
    karint74 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    spud_chick: I have the Polar FT4 (32G here). The strap goes under the bottom of your bra band. I've had to tighten it somewhat as I've lost inches on my ribcage. If it isn't somewhat snug, the sensors won't pick up your heartbeat accurately. In my case, it cycled annoyingly between "00" and "207" until I tightened it. It doesn't feel irritating to me--no chafing or anything-- but I am constantly conscious that it's there.
  • leslie0422
    leslie0422 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I really like my basic Polar FT4. :)

Same here.
  • sarahsaca
    sarahsaca Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar F7 with a chest strap. Love it and NO, the chest strap is not annoying or irritating. Got mine for under a $100 on heartratemonitors.com
  • Gapwedge01
    Options
    I have a Polar F7 with a chest strap. Love it and NO, the chest strap is not annoying or irritating. Got mine for under a $100 on heartratemonitors.com

This^^^^^ (FT7)
  • spud_chick
    spud_chick Posts: 2,639 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies!
  • Running_Tanya
    Running_Tanya Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I bought the Active MIO, but the data will not upload. The display on the watch show PC when I connect it and try to upload it form the MIO website, but the data will not upload. The detail is blank.
  • wimeezer
    wimeezer Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I like my Polar ft4. Got a new one on Ebay for less than $100.