Hello everyone!

Options
Im new to MFP and looking for some support. I was referred to this website by my dietician so I can get my diabetes and blood pressure under control and its amazing to see how quickly things add up when Ive logged my old way of eating. I thought I was feeling pretty motivated but Im feeling kinda overwhelmed right now, my feelings are all over the place... Any advice? Thanks and have a great day!

Replies

• theladyxena
    theladyxena Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi Amy! Today is day one for me. I too have diabetes and high blood pressure and I need to get them under control. One day at a time is all I can say. I find it easier to turn down food, when I have to be accountable for it. I think that's why this site will help.
  • SP2Bfit
    SP2Bfit Posts: 114
    Options
    Hi Amy, best of luck. I have collected oodles of articles and posted them in my blog that were helpful for me (I lost around 40 pounds a year ago--just through increased physical activity, portion control and getting a handle on emotional eating....I'll send you a friend request and if you choose to accept it you will have access to my blog and all the articles I've collected...not sure if they will have the answer for you but they certainly helped get me on track!!
  • Hopelessone
    Hopelessone Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Hi Amy! I'm new here too and could use all the help and encouragement I can get too. Maybe we can help each other get through this journey. Feel free to add me as a friend. Good luck