CRAVINGS! A WARNING

Options
I have been trying to eat intelligently to loose weight and gain overall health, it's been challenging but successful so far...4 Days ago, had myself a pretty strong craving for nachos w/ jalepenos...convinced that Velveta is poison (which it sort of is...and we all know that velveta is the only acceptable nacho cheese) I denied myself...had organic salsa instead...the craving did not go away at all, it got worse, the urge grew and grew until I broke and started eating everything I had ( no velveta in the house) so I binged and went off my diet for a whole day...when I compared the calories of what I wound up eating trying to satisfy my craving to the calories I would have had if I had just gotten the damn nachos in the first place...I wanted to cry! But no tears....I now know, the next time I get a craving like that (not just a run of the mill craving) I'm going to give myself an inch... count out my precious 15 tortilia chips, measure and melt the beloved cheese, add a jalapeno for every chip and sit down in reverence and enjoy every bite....so I don't take a mile.
This isn't something I would recomend doing a lot....because when your only allowing yourself so many calories...they should be the right kind...
but if the craving is strong enough...and you can trust yourself to be reasonable....get it over with and enjoy it!

Replies

• CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Here, Here, Sista! :drinker:
  • kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Yeah I had that problem a few days ago,............threw me into a binge. I'm getting it back under control......watch you trigger foods.
  • Nt2Badhuh
    Nt2Badhuh Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I understand ... you should have been here for my pizza issue a couple days ago... i should have just counted out the calories for my stupid piece of pizza instead of cookie-ing myself into 2 hours of cardio and a brisk walk
  • ractayjon
    ractayjon Posts: 365
    Options
    so true - so true...the damage that gets done around my t.o.m. becasue I am trying to avoid giving in would be minimal if I would just satisfy the craving in the first place. thanks for putting it into words.
  • mamacassi
    mamacassi Posts: 131
    Options
    The doctor said something about giving into that, that it worsens pms. LOL anyway, I never crave nachos. I mean maybe when I ate meat, I liked pork with like veggies and real cheese.....
    I say... find a lower cal solution. No one needs that crap. I know I give into my donut craving BUT if you are going to have it, don't eat like a huge bowl, lol. It's all about portions they say, so goodluck!
  • NaturalMom
    Options
    Totally agreed! I have the same issue ... especially with pizza. Well-articulated!
  • cassandra1220
    cassandra1220 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I am sorry....but I don't think that I could live without velveeta ( <----having a heart attack even thinking about it :cry: ). I have to have it every once in a while, and like you said- there is nothing else that duplicates it much less replaces it. :love: That's why I can't keep it in the house!
  • enjoythejourney
    Options
    I couldn't agree more w/ you! Thanks for sharing, I am taking your advice!
  • mt130022
    mt130022 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I couldn't help but laugh at this because I know EXACTLY what you're talking about!!! Especially just giving into the craving (portion sized, of course) rather than cookie-ing yourself into extra cardio! Boy, have I lived out that nightmare more than once! My downfall-slash-cardio nightmare is breakfast cereal. :(
  • ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    Agree 110%!
  • Kmill217
    Kmill217 Posts: 204
    Options
    I couldn't help but laugh at this because I know EXACTLY what you're talking about!!! Especially just giving into the craving (portion sized, of course) rather than cookie-ing yourself into extra cardio! Boy, have I lived out that nightmare more than once! My downfall-slash-cardio nightmare is breakfast cereal. :(

Oh yeah- I'm with you. Being raised by a single mother- it was the classic breakfast....quick and easy!

I find myself craving it at every turn of the corner. Something I did? Don't buy it!! :) If it isn't in your cupboard you won't eat it!!!!!!!!!!

...i know i know....easier said than done...

I found my self laughing too because I know exactly that feeling. Fruits have become my best friend because of my sweet cravings!
  • Burtonrah
    Burtonrah Posts: 142
    Options
    That's exactly what I've gone through! I'm working on coming off a 4 day binge.... ugh..... Thanks for sharing!