Paleo Diet

Options
Anyone out there been using the Paleo Diet? I have just started and seem to feel better not eating those simple carbs.

Replies

• Plates559
    Plates559 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Isn't that the diet where you eat like a caveman?
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I eat Paleo most of the time, and yes, I feel a squillion times better when I do! :)
  • mikka050
    Options
    I try to eat this way and I feel much better when I do, lots more energy but I slip up with cakes sometimes :) I need to get some good coconut flour recipes instead. I learnt about this way of eating when I started Intermittent Fasting.
  • ElleBee66
    ElleBee66 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I do, mostly. I have the odd slip up, but on the whole I eat unprocessed whole foods, no grains except rice occasionally and the odd potato. It is so much better for you...
  • Kjngrrl
    Kjngrrl Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I am Paleo compliant about 80% of the time. I don't get hungry between meals. I don't eat as much as I used to either. I also don't have the digestion issues and swelling I used to have.. In addition, had some bloodwork done last week and my cholesterol is about 140. I eat mostly animal protein and fats and vegetables. I occassionally eat white potatoes and rice, but in small amounts. I did not totally cut out diary (cheese, H&H w/coffee), but have reduced it. Rarely, I cave and eat sweets or a peice of bread, but when I do, I make it up by being extra strict the next day and exercising. I don't count calories.

28237946.png
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Isn't that the diet where you eat like a caveman?

Yes, you can find out more information about it on the internet.
  • LeighAnna115
    Options
    I love the idea of Paleo. Anything that propels you to eat cleaner and more naturally is great. There are tons of benefits to eating this way. There are drawbacks to any eating plan however, so just be aware.

Some individuals have problems with getting enough calcium on Paleo. You can also gain weight on Paleo if you're not careful. My mother tried Paleo for a few months and gained around 10 lbs. Paleo is very heavy on nuts, this is especially where you need to use caution as nuts are very calorie and fat dense.

Great in principal, sometimes hard to execute. Try easing in or going 70/30.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    *Looks at the pic on her ticker* - no not me....I love's me some simple carbs.

Oh, and milk, I love my milk too.
  • danielg810
    danielg810 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    no oats allowed tho.. ftw? thats crazy talk, given that exception I'd love to go paleo but I cant give up my oatmeal. nope!
  • barbiek999
    barbiek999 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I eat paleo about 90% of the time and combine it with watching calories. I have lost 15 pounds in 2 months and feel so much better when I eat this way. No more bloating - yay! and more energy - also yay! Cravings are mostly gone but occasionally do show up (dark chocolate usually satisfies the craving - I love it, yummy!).

A typical day includes a protein/fruit/veggie smoothie for breakfast, another one about 3-4 hours later, then lunch about an hour or two after that consisting of some protien like chicken or turkey breast along with vegetables (leftovers from prior night's dinner), then a mid-afternoon snack of an apple and 1/4 cup of nuts (almonds, macadamia nuts, brazil nuts, etc.) and finally dinner of meat and vegetables. I drink at least 8 cups of water and/or green tea per day. I don't eat potatoes, rice or other grains, other than the occasional piece of bread or crisp bread. I do eat cheese and occasionally have milk. Overall, I'm liking it.