Lean Cuisines

Options
Hi all,
I eat at least two Lean Cuisines or Smart Ones per day. I usually eat one with a salad and non-fat milk. Do you think it's okay to eat two of these types of meals per day as long as I eat a healthy salad with them? Thanks.

Me

Replies

• stufflebeam2010
    Options
    The only thing you really want to watch out for with frozen meals is the sodium. I eat them all the time too because it's easier that way, and I pair them with fruit/milk/water so I'm eating a balanced diet.
  • Channing
    Channing Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I totally understand the appeal of these. Easy fast and low calorie.
    However be careful about the sodium content (it's very high in "diet food.") Also I've found that eating too many overly processed foods actually slows down my weight loss in the long run. In my opinion its much better to eat "real" food most of the time and sub in a diet meal when you're in a pinch! Just my two cents! Hope it helps! :flowerforyou:
  • donnaleecam
    Options
    I eat them. I agree, the sodium is high in some. Plus, some people don't like the preservatives, etc. But, the convenience and portion size was helpful. I have been maintaining my weight loss(almost 7 years now) and still eat them and Slim Fast at times. Better than some fast food options! Sometimes time constraints are a factor!!
  • masanz1
    masanz1 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I eat them for lunch 2-3 times a week. I also like the Campbell's Select soups which are convenient
  • pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    Options
    I know they're convenient, but I've found that you can usually make twice as much food from scratch for the same calories, with less crap, more nutrients, and of course, you're much more full! =)
  • learning2bfit
    learning2bfit Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Yes, these foods are convenient but the sodium count is extremely high. I have cut them out of my diet completely.
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    Yes, these foods are convenient but the sodium count is extremely high. I have cut them out of my diet completely.

100% agree. Sodium is extremely high. I keep my sodium to 1800 mg per day and many of the frozen meals have 1/3 of my sodium for the entire day in them! :noway:
  • Sunshinechic
    Sunshinechic Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    These meals are convenient, but everytime I go back to eating them I start to gain weight. Must be the high sodium and the perservatives that causes water rentention. I no longer eat them.
  • here_I_go_again
    here_I_go_again Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    :happy: Thanks for the info input everyone!