So excited about MFP!

Options
Hi all,

I just started yesterday and I LOVE this app! I've been all over the scale with my weight and currently this is the longest period of time I have been overweight. I have had success in the past with Weight Watchers, but I can't seem to get motivated by that program anymore. I'm super pumped to actually be excited about trying again. I have high blood pressure and have had lots of low back pain in the last year, so I'm ready to change all of that. I would like to lose 34.8 pounds. 1.3 down in a day! Good luck everyone!

Replies

• Sweetsugar0424
    Sweetsugar0424 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Welcome and Good luck! I hope you find it as encouraging and inspiring as I do!
  • lharvey2797
    lharvey2797 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I am at the end of my second week. I have lost about 4 lbs. I am so glad to have found this program and the app to go with it. I have recruited co-workers to start with me. It will really help to have a support system.
    Good Luck to you!!:smile:
  • melanie8289
    melanie8289 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Hi there, welcome to MFP. This thing really works providing you are honest with it. It is changing the way I eat and in a good way. Its taught me what's good and what's bad and some of the bad has been a real surprise (like the so called diet cakes which are not diet at all!).

However the real best thing about it is the support from the community of friends - there is always someone willing to talk you down from that slice of cake :) Seriously though it really is having like minded people to talk to that makes this really work.

Add me as a friend if you would like and then feel free to shout if you need support :)
  • WilhelmCF
    WilhelmCF Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Best of luck. I have been on it for just over 5 weeks and am down 13 pounds. Stay true to yourself, do not go to excesses in dropping weight to quickly and earn some extra calorie treats by exercising. I have taken up logging my walks and giving myself the reward through a piece of cake or other treat. My Fitness Pal is a godsend if used diligently. Again, best of luck.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________________

29885525.png
  • foodcallsme
    Options
    I love MFP and I'm addicted to it! My brother suggested this site. I've done weight watchers before but, I think I outgrew it somehow. I earned "lifetime status" with Weight Watchers but then I never went back and then gained all the weight back. I still count points in my head every now and then, but I'm just not into the new "points plus" system that they've implemented. I'm used to the old Weight Watchers system but, I just decided it's time to move on and just live healthy. I count calories but, mainly I try to live a healthy lifestyle and make good choices. Feel free to add me :)
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    You will find that regular exercise will help your back pain. It sure has done wonders for mine!!
  • TheNEWMonicaB
    TheNEWMonicaB Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you! I love it too! It was he 1st thing that clicked for me ever. I am having fun and tomorrow I will be 20 weeks in. :happy:
  • michelamar10
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I have been here for a while but stopped and gained all the weight back. So I started back this week. Add me as a friend so we can motivate each other :):flowerforyou: