What's for dinner

MirandaJayne
MirandaJayne Posts: 600 Member
edited September 20 in Recipes
I am home alone tonight as my husband is working this evening. I want to try something new for dinner, instead of what I have been resorting to in the past as it is easy and familiar.

I am looking for ideas that could include chicken breast, salmon or tofu.

My calories so far without dinner are 992 (allowed 1380), 115 carbs (allowed 190), 23 fat (allowed 46) 31 protine (allowed 52).

What are you having for dinner? What ingreedients are in it? How would I make it?

Thanks! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• marshaw
    marshaw Posts: 2
    My favorite low cal is turkey piccata. Dredge turkey breast cutlets in flour with a little salt and pepper, brown on both sides and set aside. In the same pan, add the garlic for a few seconds, then the stock. Bring to a boil for a minute, add lemon, capers and sugar. Cook 30 seconds. Add butter. Put sauce over turkey and garnish with parsley. One quarter of the recipe is only 224 calories! 8 G Protien, 2G fat, 44 G Carb, 7 MG Sodium 0 cholesterol. Leftovers hold well in fridge. From the Eating Well Rush Hour cookbook -- a great one if you can still find it.

1 lb turkey cutlets
    1/3 C flour
    1/2 tsp salt
    2 tsp olive oil
    1 garlic clove, minced
    1/2 chicken stock
    1 T capers, rinsed
    1/2 tsp sugar
    2 tsp butter
    parsley garnish
  • I'm going to have a salmon burger with red onion, laughing cow cheese, and Opa brand tzatziki that I've added a little dill to. I think on the side I'll have a green salad with avocado, grape tomatoes and onion crisps with Vidalia Onion dressing (it's kinda like Catalina). Aaaaand, maybe some green peas. Oh, and some sugar free lime-aid.
  • astrosnider
    astrosnider Posts: 151 Member
    A tasty treat I have made recently is a small Asian-flavored pizza with chicken breast tenders.

Ingredients
    1 round flatbread pita
    1-2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
    4 chicken tenders
    1/2 red bell pepper thinly sliced
    2 green onions, thinly sliced on the diagonal
    Toasted sesame seeds

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Lightly toast pita. Cook chicken tenders in the microwave until just barely cooked, and slice into thin pieces. Spread pita with hoisin sauce. Top with chicken, slices, bell pepper slices and green onions. Bake for about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.
    Note: This is also very good with duck breast in place of the chicken tenders.
    The flatbread pitas I get at a local grocery store are quite thin and have only 100 calories apiece.
  • epoeraven
    epoeraven Posts: 458 Member
    I have recenlty been expirementing with salmon. I had heard that salmon will take on the flavor of what it is cooked with so last night I baked it with a pomegranite chipotle sauce - just a tablespoon right on top. I loved it!!! I want to try teryiaki sauce next. I have smoky sauce I want to try too but am a little chicken it will taste to much like barbecue.
  • kastfam3
    kastfam3 Posts: 1
    I had a pasta dinner that was fairly low cal that you could easily add salmon or chicken to add a protein.

Ronzoni Smart Taste Angel Hair Pasta 2 oz. - 180 calories
    Classico Roasted Red Pepper Alfredo Pasta Sauce 1/4 cup - 60 calories
    Romaine Lettuce 2 cups, 15 calories
    Caesar dressing 1/2 ounce, 100 calories

Good luck planning dinner!
  • Sweetie_Pie92
    Sweetie_Pie92 Posts: 314 Member
    My family is making bean and beef burritos with homemade salsa. And lots of fresh veggies!
  • Kmill217
    Kmill217 Posts: 204
    2 cans tuna water drained with moostard. haha yaa...thats all i had in the cupboard before i left for my 24 hr ****! Woo! I have BSN man shake thought :)

What I wish I were eating:

Drunken Chicken & Whole wheat pasta....

It involves low carb beer, and oil based pasta topping....add a bit of this and a dash of that....a tasty healthy meal!!! Packed with protein and energy!
  • Kmill217
    Kmill217 Posts: 204
    My family is making bean and beef burritos with homemade salsa. And lots of fresh veggies!

uhhhghh im a sucker for homemade salsa! Chips & Salsa is a routine cheat meal :) Good thing i'm in korea and our choices of chips are VERY limited! haha
This discussion has been closed.