what is your favorite cult film?

Options
1234568»

Replies

• homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    How is nobody mentioning Repo! The Genetic Opera!? I mean seriously. That + Rocky Horror are some legitimate cult films.

Most of these aren't even close..

What? Breakfast Club isn't cult? It only made $700 billion.

I didn't pinpoint that specific one as not being a 'cult classic', so I'm really not sure where you got that from. I said MOST of the many, many films being listed here are not cult classics.

It was sarcasism. I was actually agreeing with you. But, the definition of cult classic is somewhat subjective.

A cult film, also commonly referred to as a cult classic, is a film that has acquired a cult following with a specific group of fans. Often, cult movies have failed to achieve fame outside small fanbases; however, there are exceptions that have managed to gain fame among mainstream audiences.

I think the line is somewhere between Evil Dead and The Princess Bride.
  • krowanvil
    krowanvil Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    The Princess Bride
    The Fifth Element
    Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
  • Givenitmybest
    Givenitmybest Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Velvet Goldmine
    Trainspotting
    the goonies
    galaxy quest
    the doors
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Oh, I didn't pick up on it because I've never even seen The Breakfast Club to pass judgement on it :laugh:

I think a 'cult classic' to most people is anything that makes more than 1 movie apparently lol
  • NicheGuy
    Options
    I cant believe nobody has mentioned Pink Floyd's The Wall...... a true cult classic !!
  • martymum
    martymum Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Hi

Barbarella

Barbarella.gif

need I say more :love: :drinker:

martyxx
  • BenChase
    BenChase Posts: 169
    Options
    i would have to say UHF, SLC punk, Donnie darko, Army of darkness, and Cannibal! the musical, i'm sure there are a whole lot more but those are the ones i can think of off the top of my head :smile:
  • dane11235813
    dane11235813 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    True Romance - not sure if that counts
    Clerks
    Best Worst Movie - a movie about a cult classic.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    How is nobody mentioning Repo! The Genetic Opera!? I mean seriously. That + Rocky Horror are some legitimate cult films.

Most of these aren't even close..

What? Breakfast Club isn't cult? It only made $700 billion.

I didn't pinpoint that specific one as not being a 'cult classic', so I'm really not sure where you got that from. I said MOST of the many, many films being listed here are not cult classics.

It was sarcasism. I was actually agreeing with you. But, the definition of cult classic is somewhat subjective.

A cult film, also commonly referred to as a cult classic, is a film that has acquired a cult following with a specific group of fans. Often, cult movies have failed to achieve fame outside small fanbases; however, there are exceptions that have managed to gain fame among mainstream audiences.

I think the line is somewhere between Evil Dead and The Princess Bride.

Breakfast Club is another one that's an 80s classic. It is NOT a cult film. I don't count Princess Bride either. Both of these are WAY TOO pop culture to be called cult films.
  • boperoni10
    boperoni10 Posts: 3,034
    Options
    Idiocracy
    Clockwork Orange
    Chasing Amy
    resevoir dogs
    Love Better Off Dead-
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Harold and Maude.
  • flabbyjay
    flabbyjay Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    1) Kids

2) Natural Born Killers
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I cant believe nobody has mentioned Pink Floyd's The Wall...... a true cult classic !!

Now there ya go! Yes, that's one of my favorites! Love Pink Floyd. I even made my kids watch it. My son loved it. My daughter was like: "meh."
  • Givenitmybest
    Givenitmybest Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    i would have to say UHF, SLC punk, Donnie darko, Army of darkness, and Cannibal! the musical, i'm sure there are a whole lot more but those are the ones i can think of off the top of my head :smile:

love cannibal
  • luvhandles74
    luvhandles74 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Basketball Diaries
    Romper Stomper

Were a couple more Hubs reminded me of...we have so many faves, most of which have already been mentioned but I didn't see these two..
  • kris7477
    Options
    Flash Gordon
    Buckaroo Bonzia
    Spaceballs
    Conan The Barbarian
    Pulp Fiction
    Kill Bill 1 & 2
    Come to think of it, any movie from Mel Brooks