Pregnant

Options
Just found out! Anyone else one here preggo? I thought you were suppose to switch to maintenance mode but that is SO many calories! Not even sure i could eat that much with out it being horrible junk food. Anyone else?

Replies

• Lisa760
    Lisa760 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    No advice, just big CONGRATULATIONS!
  • bsierras
    Options
    Congratulations!!! Most important thing is to eat healthy so the baby is getting good stuff. Of course, you can still have a few treats. I did with mine. I wouldn't worry so much about counting calories while pregnant. Just remember, you don't have to eat for two. I used to work with someone that would say that all the time...I am eating for two...and even after the baby was born she would still say that because she was breast feeding. You really won't be eating much more than now.

Enjoy and congrats again!!
  • Dee_84
    Dee_84 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say CONGRATS :flowerforyou:
  • littlemsmetal
    Options
    I just had my first baby 5 weeks ago so feel free to add and ask any questions while they're still fresh in my brain! I know you're DEFINITELY not supposed to add/increase exercises. You can maintain what you've done until your doctor tells you or you feel you need to decrease. There are great prego work-out videos on Youtube as well! :3 As for diet, you increase calories as you well...increase. Hahahaha. Have you scheduled an OB appt? They'll be able to answer more specifically what will work for you based on your current weight/diet.
  • littlemsmetal
    Options
    Also...CONGRATULATIONS! SO EXCITING!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    *raises hand*

I've been using MFP to track my weight and intake since I found out about my baby.

You need to make sure you eat at or near maintenance calories so your body and your baby has the nutrients it needs to grow and develop properly. You CAN eat this much in healthy whole quality food, and you should.

I set MFP to maintenance +1/2 lbs gain, and have had a very healthy and fit pregnancy sofar with only 14 lb gain in 24 weeks, which is right where I should be for a healthy pregnancy gain. My baby is developing perfectly, and I feel great.