Ran out of gas

Options
For the past week now, I haven't been working out as much as I had been over the last month, the pounds ( 9 in total) were coming off at a steady point but last week I didn't see the results and had worked out even harded that week. I feel deflated....does anyone have any tips for when you just feel defeated?

Replies

• booboo68
    booboo68 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Keep going! Don't stop because if you stay on track it will all work out. You can do this!
  • Larisonlj
    Larisonlj Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Are you giving yourself rest days? Do you drink enough water? Are you eating enough to fuel all the workouts and working even harder?
    Maybe your body is adjusting to the changes you've already made, maybe it's trying to protect itself and repair. Just try to stay as positivie as possible (hey you've got a great start of 9 lbs!) and focus long term. Remember, it's about a lifestyle change. It's not short term.
    And it isn't all about the scale numbers.
    For me it's about the inches lost and the strength and confidence I've gained. I bet you have things like that too, focus on those. :flowerforyou:
  • jaysmom23
    jaysmom23 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hello !! and thanks! Out of the last 30 days, I've missed 2 in total, I had energy and started to feel pretty good, now I'm starting to get sluggish, tired when I wake, tired throughout the day and when I get home. I drink about 4 - 26 oz of water through the day but I'm always under my calorie goal. I had been doing the same workout though so maybe I'll switch up on that.
  • robin4u
    robin4u Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have tried to lose weight in the past and the truth is when I feel like you do now, I seemed to stop and before I knew it, it was a year later and I was bigger than before. NOW ... I have a pic that I keep in my wallet (no one gets in there but me) and its a pic of me in my undies, (I know you lose weight for health but the truth is we do it for looks to) when I see what I have let my body grow into it helps me to make the right choices .. Also make sure that you give yourself a day of rest (Even God had one of those:wink: ) After a while you WILL hit a wall and when that happens change things up a bit, try new food and/or a dif exercise =)
    Feel free to add me, if you want Good Luck
  • jaysmom23
    jaysmom23 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thanks Robin! You Rock!!:wink: