Looking for support friends here are my weaknesses.

Options
2»

Replies

• itswennndy
    Options
    So agree on the wasted funds on WW!!! I was just thinking the same thing today...... that I used to pay some one to weigh in and get advice/support and know I do it in the comfort of my home- its one of my favorite things about MVP! Its an awesome place to be.
  • ryrob1721
    ryrob1721 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I joined MFP a while ago but recently just started actively using it. Here is a suggestion if you have a sweet tooth. I figure eveyone loves ice cream so instead of buy regular ice cream at the store take bananas cut them up and freeze them. When you want something sweet take it out put it in a food processor, I add peanut butter to it, which I also make my self since all the stores peanut butter is full of preservatives and some have sugar. Just blend this in the food processor until smooth and it really sweet and yummy.

Ryan Ann
  • SheilaHoover
    Options
    I'd be glad to be your MFP friend too! I'm posting some of my weigh in successes on my Facebook page (locked down to friends only, of course) and I am getting great support there, but I don't want to share my darker/fighting temptation moments with the 1200+ people on my friends list. Like you, I am hoping to lean on this community for help there--and in making your post, you've done the hardest thing: asking for help!!

I live in the land of microbrews and mochas (not to mention wine and chocolates!)--the Pacific NW. As the days get shorter and the rains continue I know I'm going to have some challenging times. How about we support one another?

The thing I am noticing is that when I am craving sweets (OMG is that my downfall!), I either need protein, water or have forgotten to take my Omega 3 oil. If none of those is the case, I start with fruit--fresh, canned or dried--in small portion. If it's a specific texture (creamy, smooth is my biggie--ice cream, chocolate, etc), I try some greek yogurt and fruit.

Keep up the good work!