90 days complete! Second round coming up!

Options
I just finished my 1st round of P90X on Oct 20th! I am now in the best shape of my life and I feel so much more healthier now. I've completely changed the way I eat and I love my new lifestyle. I started off at153.6lb with 13% body fat and I always felt sluggish, unmotivated, tired...I never cared what I ate also (pretty much ate whatever I got my hands on, especially late at night). My clothes got tighter, I got tired more easily, and I was pretty much living a sedentary life. I am glad I took the first step to making a difference with my life by starting to exercise and learning more about nutrition with P90X! It really got me motivated when I saw infomercials and successes other people were getting with them. I honestly didn't think I would stick with the program for the entire 90 days...but I started noticing changes in my energy, strength, flexibility, and endurance - that ignited my motivation to keep pushing forward to the 90 day mark. I went from 153.6lb to 142lb within the first month, followed by a change in my nutrition to put on muscle mass.

I finished at 148lb, 7-8% body fat (using skin fold + fat calibur measurement). Now that I'm in the best shape of my life, I want to continue to work hard, sticking to eating healthy and exercising daily. Feel free to send me a message or add me! I would like to get to know more people in this community so we can share ideas and keep each other accountable + motivated to stay on track! You can also find me on facebook as well!

Here are my results (my week 1 picture is very blurry and unclear, so I did not use it):

photo40.jpg

Replies

• mdb543
    mdb543 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Awesome results!!
  • thealexbeard
    Options
    If you would, elaborate on your diet throughout these 90 days. Impressive results.
  • Leothelion88
    Leothelion88 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    If you would, elaborate on your diet throughout these 90 days. Impressive results.

Thanks Alex :)

Sure. I pretty much followed the nutrition guide provided in P90X.

1st month: I wanted to shed some fat so I pretty much ate at a calorie deficit for a maximum for 4 weeks. My recommended calorie intake based on my height, age, sex, weight worked out to around 2300cal/day (but I was eating 1800cal/day). Of that 1800, my portion was split to 50% protein/30% carbs/20% fat. I stayed away from foods that were processed and came out of a bag/can/package. So I pretty much ate whole foods and cooked all my meals. Majority of my protein came from lean meats (mostly fish, chicken breasts, turkey, lean beef) and lots of beans, vegetables (lots of broccoli, kale, spinach, green beans), carbs (whole grains, quinoa, brown rice, wild rice), fruits, fats (most of them coming from fish and nuts). It was tedious and a lot of work at first but I got in the hang of it when I would make a bigger batch in advance and put them in tupperware containers for the week. So I did this for about 4 weeks for phase 1 of P90X and started to increase my calorie intake a bit more because I was down to about 9-10% body fat...

2nd & 3rd month: When phase 2 hit, I increase my calorie intake from 1800 to about 2400 calories. The portion also changed to
    40% carb/40% protein/20% fat because I wanted to put on some muscle mass and I would also find myself burnt out right after the workouts. I also started to incorporate protein shakes and creatine monohydrate for this as well. The harder I was working, the more I found myself hungrier and getting burnt out so I continued to increase my uptake to a point where I now eat at 3000 calories. My nutrition hasn't changed very much from the beginning.

I pretty much stayed away from processed sugar like candy, pop, cookies and also fast food.
    What I found really helpful starting out was referring to a table called Michi's ladder from Beachbody (http://www.teambeachbody.com/eat-smart/michis-ladder). I was very strict with my nutrition and only ate foods from tier 1 and tier 2 (only 1 from tier 3 which is the almond milk...I was never really a dairy person).

But that's pretty much it. I ate the foods that I can pronounce on my plate and followed the workout schedule for P90X!
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Great results! I am going to start p90x in a few weeks, not hoping to lose but ton up so I hope I can see results like u did.
  • shelbiejo
    shelbiejo Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Awesome results! You look great!
  • lousoulbody
    lousoulbody Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Wow, what a transformation in 90 days, your six pack looks amazing. Congratulations, all your hard work is proof in you pics!

Cheers:drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!