Who or what inspired you to get into shape?

Options
Kandi150
Kandi150 Posts: 167 Member
I want to be able to date guys that look like this...

23931_4989011689501_1299122786_n.jpg[img]And to be healthy of course :wink:[/img]

Replies

• Kandi150
    Kandi150 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    It didnt post my pic!!! I thought I finally got the hang of this dang thing lmao
  • Roboartist
    Options
    It was a multifaceted inspiration for me.
    One: brother's first heart attack at age 46 last year. My older brother who skateboards, rides his bike and walks everywhere. Eats healthy, cooks most meals at home, grows and eats his own veggies, non smoker, very infrequent drinker. He survived the heart attack after they placed two stents. I was serious for a while then fell off the wagon. It is easy to do that.

Two: Seeing an old friend posting pics of herself on Facebook committed to the Couch to 5K program. She was sticking with it and looking good. Her pictures made me rethink taking care of myself and recommit, i searched around for a way to make tracking food easier in conjunction with my FitBit, found this site and signed up. I didn't even realize she was a member here for a few days until i mentioned MFP and she figured it out LOL.

Third: my brother's second heart attack very shortly after joining here, that really cemented it for me that I needed to be serious. That one was scary, we thought we would be taking him off life support but he ended up pulling through somehow with a minor hypoxic brain injury and two more stents plus a future surgery for an internal defibrillator in December. At first he forgot a lot of stuff for the last few years of his life, including the death of our father but his memory seems to have all come back, at least well enough you would never notice.

I am 43, I have a cardiologist and am constantly struggling with my asthma, if Idont take care of myself now i will run out of time sooner than i am ready.
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    girls-kissing.jpg

This