104 lbs. gone in 14 mos.

Options
Smokey19
Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
This has been a long journey, but so well worth it. I do, however, have another 50 lbs. to lose. I was warned by my doctor that if I didn't lose wt. I was going to die. I was only 47 and wasn't ready for that, so I took control of the situation and started losing wt. I have plateaued several times, but they each passed after switching up my calories and exercising more. I know that each of us are struggling on this healthy lifestyle change, but it can be done. Feel free to add me for motivation and encouragement. Note: I am currently unable to exercise due to recovering from major abdominal surgery...I have to heal first.

Replies

• Keiko385
    Keiko385 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    that is amazing progress, you look wonderful!!
  • samsung700
    samsung700 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That is truely amazing that you were able to take control!
    I do have one question though, what do you mean by "switching up calories" when you plateaued? I am stuck at a certain weight and I'm looking for tricks to kick-start my journey again!
  • DonalGregory
    Options
    I am also interested in what you did when you plateaued. Did you decrease the calories even more or did you stay until it moved again?
  • jnn0409
    jnn0409 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss and that's definetly something that would put you in gear to lose weight. I'm sure those last 50 will come off in no time! :)
  • gerripho
    gerripho Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    That is amazing! Please tell us all what your doctor says now. I just love it when I hear about anyone knocking the socks off their doctor!
  • itswennndy
    Options
    Wow 104 pounds thats Awesome!!!! You look Great...... Keep up the good work:-)
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    great loss well done
  • WeCallThemDayWalkers
    Options
    Congrats! Very inspiring!
  • pixietoes
    pixietoes Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I hope your quality of living has improved as you have fought so hard to save your life!
  • ashsmile78
    ashsmile78 Posts: 3,528 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Glad we are already friends. You look great!
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    To answer several questions that you have asked:
    1. What Id did when I plateaued? I switched up my calories...I meant that I would eat 1500 calories several days a wk. and would eat 1200 calories the other days during the wk. Like Monday, Wednesday and Friday=1500 calories. I saw that that was recommended to shake up your body so that it doesn't know how many calories it is going to get. If it gets a certain amt. everyday it gets set at that level and expects it.

2. Did I decrease my calories during the plateau? Yes, I did, in a way. I decreased it 4 days a wk. and increased it the other days.

3. What does my doctor say now? He is impressed, but doesn't think that I will be able to lose the other 50 lbs. He thinks that I have lost as much as I can. But that inspires me to show him that I can lose more wt. I want to prove him wrong and that motivates me to work even harder.
  • MoniMoni2u
    MoniMoni2u Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    3. What does my doctor say now? He is impressed, but doesn't think that I will be able to lose the other 50 lbs. He thinks that I have lost as much as I can. But that inspires me to show him that I can lose more wt. I want to prove him wrong and that motivates me to work even harder.

Ahhhh Smokey, you are a woman after my own heart. I quit smoking 19 years ago just to spite my doctor who laughed at me when I asked for help to quit! I hope you lose those extra 50 pounds and show that doctor a thing or two about women with a goal in mind!

You have done wonderfully, keep up the good work!
  • jjmeyers2010
    jjmeyers2010 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    you are an inspiration... thank you for sharing your journey with us. Congrats on your weight loss, and keep up the great job!!!!
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options

Your doctor sounds like a jerk.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!