best tasting whey protein isolate

Options
Hey everyone! So i ordered a 5lb container of isosensation 93 in cookies and cream after reading great reviews on the flavor... It was okay the first time but now its so awful that i cant even use it! I want to order another kind but now im freaked out to order something bc of how awful the other one tastes! Anyone have any recommendations?

Replies

• kiwisbird
    kiwisbird Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I use whey to go vanilla, add cream and sweeten with raw stevia
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Well... let me start off by saying it's whey protein. Don't go into it with the thought that it's an ice cream milk shake. ;)

That being said Optimum Nutrition (banana cream, cookies n cream, double rich chocolate, and vanilla ice cream) are pretty good with pretty good specs.

Dymatize and Syntha 6 are pretty good too. :)
  • Four_Leaf_Clover
    Four_Leaf_Clover Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I actually like Designer Whey Natural (or plain) - it is unflavored so you can add cocoa powder, fruit, sweetner of choice, etc.

If you buy it locally - I think GNC and Vitamin Shoppe will take returns if you do not like it.
  • testease
    testease Posts: 220
    Options
    I usually rock just standard vanilla or chocolate. That way you can mix it with coffee for a mocha, or make smoothies.
  • GoatBoat66
    Options
    I like dymatize isolate. Better profile and cheaper than ON gold.
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    Well... let me start off by saying it's whey protein. Don't go into it with the thought that it's an ice cream milk shake. ;)

I use Prescision - Double chocolate chunk and it DOES taste like a big chocolate milkshake. I used to use the GNC chocolate which didn't even come remotely close to 'chocolate' - you get what you pay for. Prescision is more expensive but totally worth it to me.
  • dblred0728
    dblred0728 Posts: 57 Member
    Options

That being said Optimum Nutrition (banana cream, cookies n cream, double rich chocolate, and vanilla ice cream) are pretty good with pretty good specs.

Dymatize and Syntha 6 are pretty good too. :)

I've tried the Cookies n Cream, Chocolate and the Vanilla Ice Cream. I mix with Almond milk mostly. But I've had with plain water and although the almond milk shake is better, it's pretty good with water alone!.

I've also tried bodybuilding.com's brand of 100% whey in Chocolate and love it too!
  • Love2lift72
    Love2lift72 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I've been looking for a new protein. Can't wait to check these out.
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I've tried a few.... The cake batter and the Banana from Muscle Milk are great, but I'm not thrilled with the profile. Switched to Optimum Nutrition's gold standard- I've tried double rich chocolate, vanilla ice cream, and mocha cappuccino. After awhile the vanilla started tasting like spoiled milk- not the best. My fav is the double rich chocolate, you can mix it with tons of stuff for different varieties. Mocha cappuccino is a close second.
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    i like unflavored, most flavored powders add way too much sugar.

I can add it to greek yogurt, soup, coffee, oatmeal, and if I make a shake, I just add in fruit to sweeten it.
  • ksyp92
    ksyp92 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    thanks guys! okay i have another question.. this may sound dumb but is 100 percent whey the same thing as whey protein isolate???
  • kayduro
    kayduro Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Syntha 6. Love the cookies n cream made into Protein Puffycakes of Joy. Hey! If you don't like to drink it maybe you would like to make Puffycakes with them. It might be a good way to use it up...the stuff is so dang expensive. I got the recipe from the forum. Yum yum!
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Although I haven't bought a whey isolate in a long time, I did get ISO-ology by Tru Nutrition. They make arguably the best protein blend, Truetein, and the isolate version is just as tasty. For the longest time I did get Dymatize ISO-100 which was alright in terms of taste.
    thanks guys! okay i have another question.. this may sound dumb but is 100 percent whey the same thing as whey protein isolate???
    No, it just means the only protein source is a form of whey - it must specifically list whey protein isolate as an ingredient.
  • ksyp92
    ksyp92 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Although I haven't bought a whey isolate in a long time, I did get ISO-ology by Tru Nutrition. They make arguably the best protein blend, Truetein, and the isolate version is just as tasty. For the longest time I did get Dymatize ISO-100 which was alright in terms of taste.
    No, it just means the only protein source is a form of whey - it must specifically list whey protein isolate as an ingredient.

okay thank you! i am just sorta lactose intolerant and only the isolate doesnt hurt my stomach!