2»

Replies

• AndreaSchultz77
    Options
    I agree! I am waiting for that day!
  • jennieb75
    jennieb75 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I use Runmeter... never had a problem with the GPS on it yet! I also use Interval timer for my walk/run intervals. I've been getting back into running since my twin boys were born so I'm not quite back to where I was last year. ;-)
    @ Chuckyp... that Zombie Run app sounds right up my alley! I've got to try it.. Thanks!
  • girlonabikedc
    girlonabikedc Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I like runmeter (and cyclemeter for biking) because it links with dailymile.com, and it can sync with my wahoo fitness HRM. The GPS is fairly good. I had some issues, but overall it's been fine (it was spot on when I used it during a 5K race). It also comes with free training programs (5K & 10K, half & full marathon). Also, it will read tweet replies to me out loud, which cracks me up.

I also love the Zombies, Run app. I like to use that when I'm not specifically training for anything, although they've recently added a 5K training option.
  • itswennndy
    Options
    i like Endomondo!
  • myboysmomx2
    myboysmomx2 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    i have used runkeeper, nike+ gps and mapmyrun. i can say that runkeeper is my favorite.

with nike+ gps, i have lost runs or had the mileage not accumulate even with the timer going. after there is no way to manually enter your run. mapmyrun is ok but runkeeper is more user friendly and i like the newer changes they have made.

of course i run the phone app along with my polar rcx5 which is my absolute favorite although it isnt an app :)

Runkeeper is my favorite also (and my husband too). Sometimes, my husband uses his Garmin along with his Runkeeper and we have found that in comparison to his Garmin, the accuracy is really good the majority of times. In fact, after using Runkeeper for nearly two years, I can think of only two times that the accuracy has been way off (as if it was just a glitch or something). I love that Runkeeper is free and that you can customize it so much without having to pay for extra features. I just can't wait until Runkeeper and MFP sync!
  • myboysmomx2
    myboysmomx2 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I am getting rid of runtastic, it is not accurate in my opinion...I have runkeeper, so I will go back to using that one.

I totally agree. I've tried Endomondo and Runtastic. They were so bad that even though they sync to MFP I've gone back to Runkeeper. Can't wait until MFP and Runkeeper sync!
  • Michaelsdin
    Options
    I use a Garmin for actual run stats, but a totally fun running app to make runs more exciting is "Zombies, Run!". It interjects a storyline in between your playlist songs and you also get randomly chased by moaning zombies which builds in a little interval training for you. It also keeps track of speed, time, distance, etc. It's also an interactive game because you pick up supplies during your run which you use to build up your base camp. Good stuff!

this has my vote i am downloading it now lol that is freaking awesome!