Two NSVs, all in one day!

Options
deb3129
deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
The first was this morning, when I went for a physical at my regular doctor. I have not been to him since I started losing weight, so he was shocked, to say the least. My blood pressure was fabulous (116/68), my resting heart rate was 62, and of course I was waaay lighter. He ordered a bunch of blood work, which I can't wait to get the results of. He was also very supportive of my decision to eat a plant based diet, which I was not sure he would be.

The second was this afternoon, when a coworker brought me a couple of dressed that she could not wear to try on. They were size 16, and I told her there was no way they were fitting. But she made me try them on, and they FIT!!!! Now, I know that 16 is not tiny, and I have a long way to go. But less than a year ago I was wearing size 28, which was till sometimes not big enough. So this is HUGE for me!!!!!!

Replies

• stephske2
    Options
    Both fantastic victories!!!!! Great work.
  • simplyshrinking
    simplyshrinking Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    What a great day!!

We're sort of in the same boat - I've lost right at 100 pounds (but It's taken considerably longer than you!) and I have about 75 to go.

Way to go!
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    What a great day!!

We're sort of in the same boat - I've lost right at 100 pounds (but It's taken considerably longer than you!) and I have about 75 to go.

Way to go!

I have about 75 or 80 to go also, I am not sure exactly where I need to be yet!!
  • jealous_loser
    Options
    That's awesome!

Congrats on the healthy check up and congrats on the dresses! I hope they were pretty!
  • BSchoberg
    BSchoberg Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Wow - you've started November with a bang! Way to go!
  • twinkychops
    twinkychops Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Fantastic honey!!! What a boost!
  • cyndispot
    Options
    Sah. Weet! That's all I can say. What a fantastic day for you!

wonder what tomorrow will bring?
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    that is wonderful, both of them!!
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    those are both great. You are doing so well, an inspiration!
  • Songtothesiren
    Songtothesiren Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Loving It. What a high achiever you are!

Work those dresses and keep on doing that fab thing you do!

Mavis
  • dena789
    dena789 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! I know just how you feel. I was over-the-moon happy when I fit into some size 16 jeans!

Keep up the great work!
  • TinaBaily
    TinaBaily Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    What wonderful and inspiring NSVs! Thank you for sharing! I bet you are feeling so wonderful about both of them, too. Keep up your hard work, as it's obviously paying off. Happy November!!
  • sisa1965
    sisa1965 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!! Enjoy wearing those dresses!
  • litax
    litax Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have one too, I was able to fit into my fat pants instead of my extra fat ones.

:)
  • JessieGurlJb
    Options
    You are an inspiration so happy for you. Keep up all your hard work!
  • TheNEWMonicaB
    TheNEWMonicaB Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I would say that qualifies as a very good day... KUDOS to you!
    8130 Posts: 7
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your victories. They give me hope. They were inspiring . Keep up the good work. God Bless!!
  • vintagesquirrel
    Options
    Woooo!!!!! I bet your doc WAS shocked!

As I just recently slid into a size 16 (AND MAN IT FELT AMAZING) I want to say Congrats to you! You deserve it!
  • avir8
    avir8 Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! Just by seeing how far you've come is amazing, some people will never achieve all that you have, so remember that whenever you have an off day. It's very admirable!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!