Hello, another newbie here

Options
karenjoy
karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
My name is Karen, I have never really tried to lose weight seriously before as I always was thin when younger, and didn't put on the weight until I was in my mid thirties and kept thinking it would just go away!!

I am 43 and recently married, My Husband is Bill and he is Canadian and also on a diet. We live on the sunny Isle of Wight

Replies

• leelu
    leelu Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    welcome. hope you find what your looking for as motivation here
  • Belle84
    Belle84 Posts: 36
    Options
    glad to see you found the boards here karen :D xxx
  • LMac66
    LMac66 Posts: 5
    Options
    Well, we share the same story as far as weight goes. Amazing how the metabolism changes during the 30's. I am also 43, and ready to take my body back! 20 lbs. is my goal, and I would like to lose it before vacation in June, so I can keep up with my two young kids. I wish you well in your journey! Fellow "newbie."
  • StaceG1986
    StaceG1986 Posts: 350
    Options
    Glad to see you're figuring it out already Karen!! If you need any help just post here or ask me or Bekah! :laugh:

I've never tried seriously losing weight before either as I was slim until I was 18! It all packed on when I met hubby and went to Uni and got cosy :embarassed: No-one to blame but myself though!

You will find this really helps with your weight loss journey! :happy:
  • karenjoy
    Options
    Leelu, thank you, I hope I do too.
    Belle84 thank you lovely!!!
    LMac66 sadly my kids are too old for me to be running round after, two of them don't even live at home anymore! I want to lose my weight, or at least some of it before my honeymoon in October.
  • karenjoy
    Options
    thank you stacey, I think it will! xXx
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! It works! You will find friends, accountability and diet tips you can really use. Good luck on your journey!:flowerforyou:
  • karenjoy
    Options
    Thank you :flowerforyou: