Newbie needing help and encouragement

Options
Hello all. I'm here giving this thing a second go. I tried it a few months ago. Lost about 10 lbs and then somehow managed to gain all of it back plus a few more. I fear exercise is my downfall. I can do the calorie balancing, but the most exercise I get is the occasional dance around my living room or maybe walking my dog. But now that it's getting cooler I dont' do that near as much. However, I am really really hoping to be able to lose 15-20lbs. Ideally more. Any tips for doing this? I am a snacker, so I need to stop that probably too.

Replies

• isniffsquirrels
    isniffsquirrels Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Im on the same boat. Done this in the past, lost a lot of weight, and gained some back. Add me if you want a buddy

What helps me is to log everything I eat, even snacks and bites here and there because it adds up. Also, strawberries are my go to because it fills me up and not too high in calories.
  • seandominguez
    Options
    That's actually pretty incredible to me. Most people have no problem exercising a lot - balancing calories is and has always been the killer for me. No regrets for the night, but I just ate half a cupcake and downed half a bottle of dark beer. Bad boy.

One, I think the key for exercising is to do override your body's inertia and just do it for a few weeks. Really, that's all it'll take. I guarantee you get sort of hooked on it. For example, I run a lot (recovering my left foot right now though). I am a human freaking laser of productivity on the days I get up and run before work. It's also amazing how "realistic"/negative I am before a run and how completely optimistic about the future I am after a run (endorphins are nature's magic drug). Also, being two pounds lighter every time you weigh yourself after a workout is also extremely motivating :)