What do you eat for breakfast?

Options
I don't have a car and there's no public transportation up here at school, so I buy groceries in bulk.

What do you usually eat for breakfast that doesn't need to be cooked past a microwave? Long keeping times are a plus too.
I tried doing Quaker Oatmeal for a while, but I cannot STAND the taste. I like it for the first two bites and then its disgusting..
I've got a fridge too. Milk is in infinite supply, so suggest your favorite cereals!

Replies

• nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I live in Australia, but when I was in America I loved the Kashi range!! The high protein one was awesome.
    Also Fibre one cereal is great with some low carb yogurt
    Maybe some of those vita tops breakfast muffin top things? They were like 100 calories and high fiber, high protein
    Also quest bars! 15 seconds in the microwave and they're awesomee
  • dr2k12
    dr2k12 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I love cereal for breakfast, my favs are:

Mini-Wheats (all flavors)
    Cinnamon Life
    Honey Nut Chex
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    cant help sorry, i never eat breakfast.. breakfast food makes me :sick:

if im feeling real hungry (kinda never) ill grab an orange or some fruit.
  • Jod_rob
    Options
    I also live in Australia and my favourite simple breakfast is porridge. Cook 1/3 of a cup with water in the microwave, simply add some frozen raspberries and a dash of maple syrup, delicious!!!
  • splashblob
    splashblob Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I usually have canned Tuna and maybe add 1-2 boiled eggs for my first meal of the day. For cereal I either have All Bran or Post Shredded Wheat to eat.
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I eat a microwaved potato, sliced and then dry fried with 2 eggs and tomatoes. But if you only have a microwave, you could still do microwave potato, and eggs - you could microwave them too - and eggs and potatoes keep without refrigeration.

Canned chopped tomatoes on toast?

Cheese on toast?

Banana & maple syrup on toast?

Apples are meant to be as good as a caffeine hit in the morning to get you going.

I have heard you can put peanut butter in oatmeal - maybe that might make it more to your taste? Or cinnamon? Try real rolled oats rather than the pre-prepared packets, you might find a difference?

Cereals - there are so many, but read the nutrition panels & portion sizes - don't believe the hype on the front!! Many are full of sugar. I eat Vogels Soy & linseed cereal, or All bran. Sometimes I throw in a handful of cornflakes or Uncle Toby's Omega 3 just to give some extra "crunch". You can get "Up and go" which is like a liquified cereal - I've not tried it but it comes in long life packs, might be useful?

Good luck! :smile:
  • Imanido
    Imanido Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I love my coffee with multiseed wholegrain bread or sourdough bread toasts (no butter for me), for when I don't want to bother. If I want to up the protein I usually have a pot of quark, low in cals, carbs and high in protein. If you don't like oats porride, you could try ground rice with milk (or rice pudding), cornflour porridge, weetabix. I hate cooking in the morning, I like something quick, but I cook this type of porridge for the children with a little bit of unrefined sugar and cinammon. Another option would be a nice greek yoghurt or quark with different fruit slices in a bowl, berries, banana....etc. These are some of the options at home.
  • NyimaR
    NyimaR Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Baked beans on toast.
  • jerman01
    jerman01 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I eat Fiber one 80 cereal almost every morning. Sometimes oatmeal and toast.
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    whole wheat crispbread with a bit of vegetable oil spread and low fat cheese or chicken with cucumber.
  • Stewielincoln
    Options
    Sirloin Steak and 2 Eggs. It helps me to not eat till 3 pm.
  • Jamie_Lauren
    Jamie_Lauren Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I like to cook some oats in the microwave (I only use water but you can use milk if you want) and then I mash up 1/2 a banana and sprinkle with cinnamon, shredded coconut and chia seeds. It's delicious :love:
  • travel_kat
    travel_kat Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    2 egg whites and 1 whole egg scrambled in the microwave - takes about 45 seconds :-)
  • BigDanTX
    BigDanTX Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    1) 1/2 cup granola or muesli mixed with 1 cup milk or 4 oz yogurt
    2) fruits
    3) couple thin slices of pancetta and 2 eggs
    4) IHOP all you can eat pancakes and then I spend the next week running non stop

I use hemp milk because the unpened boxes can store in my pantry for a long time. Also granola and muesli can keep really well in sealed containers.
  • phatgirl4
    Options
    Get instannt grits add a small of butter and salt and pepper if you like, I also eat a small flour tortia with egg, cook egg in bowel 1st. these are just a few things you can put in a microwave. both items are low calorie under 200 and I also eat a frozen waffle or pancake . my favorite breakfast is a piece of toast with egg toped with a tomatoe open faced. phatgirl4
  • jenlouise4
    jenlouise4 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Either eggs (poached, scrambled or boiled), sometimes with a small slice of toast, or porridge. I usually add a little syrup to the porridge to sweeten it up and I use the Quaker microwave packet mix with skimmed milk. It's lovely!
  • CouldBeTheLastChance
    Options
    try chia pudding. Mix chia seeds with chocolate milk or almond milk, sweeten to taste. Check it out on youtube.
  • phatgirl4
    Options
    I like your smile tat:happy:
  • chickenshit4
    chickenshit4 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I have scrambled eggs with one egg, and one egg white, in that I mix ground linseed and parsley, and sometimes spinach, and I have that on top of tomatoes just about every morning. :)
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    Bowl of oats and 2 scoops of whey. An hour later 6 rice cakes and peanut butter.