Hi from the beach - Sparkpeople convert here

Options
Hi guys, just joined MFP after hearing incredible things about it. I've been on Sparkpeople for a few years and have always found it way more complicated than it needs to be, so have made the change to MFP in a hope that it's much easier and less of a hassle to use.

I do have a Q... how accurate are the predicted calorie data figures with regards to estimated weight loss?

Thanks,

Sam

Replies

• phatgirl4
    Options
    they are not always the same as whats on my package that I am eating but I do know this, so far this is working for me, its getting your food item as close to or to what you are eating, I watch the calorie amt on my packages and on here, I even measure out what I eat, good luck i love this sight.
  • trueblue55
    trueblue55 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Awesome, thanks. I do like that this is a much easier site to use, and seems to have a far bigger food database, so that's really great.
  • velvetkat
    velvetkat Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    You can also put the app on your phone and scan your labels on your food into your diary too! Can't get more accurate than that. Ive been here almost 2 years and had been on Sparkpeople too and yes I found it to be a bit more complicated than this site., Enjoy it here.. its easy to use and also will sync with your fitbit!

Enjoy and add me if you would like!
  • trueblue55
    trueblue55 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yep, already have the app on my phone and have linked Runtastic also (was using map my ride, but will change and see how it goes).
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Hello and Welcome to MFP!! I have NEVER known of the Weight In 5 Weeks to be right. But it is kind of Fun to look at sometimes.
    The biggest thing I miss here as opposed to SparkPeople is that you can't give Virtual Goodies to your Friends. Still a Great Site though!!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    Welcome, trublue55. Just be forewarned and forearmed....the entries in the database are member-entered, so you will find many of them to be different than what you are actually eating. Check the "nutritional info" in the blue boxes after you choose your thing, if it is what you want, you'll know. Otherwise, you can "edit" it and then it will appear in your MY FOODS tab.

LJ, I'm betting most men won't miss the Virtual Gifts :laugh:
    NIce to see you.
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Virtual Goodies are definitely a "Girl Thing" most of the Time!