Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Wondering how this works.

Just joined the site. While im not new to the internet and chatting, im wondering how this "forum" stuff works. Ive been looking through the groups and am finding that most of them haven't had a comment made in weeks, months or even years. Im really looking for the ppl support, it just seems so hard to find. i know sooo many ppl trying to loose weight, and i know it's easier to do with buddies etc, but noone wants to actually band together and help one another out.
So im putting myself out there. HALP!!! lol i love the boost it gives me to hear of others sucess, and i truely enjoy thinking i make a difference when i try to boost someone's efforts too. Im online everyday...and looking, writing, and hopefully laughing a bit to. Hope to chat soon.

Replies

• valeriewxy
    valeriewxy Posts: 418 Member
    Hey, from what I've seen so far, people are generally more active on the forum itself than on the groups :D I'll be your friend/motivator if you like :D
  • People are definitely more active on the message boards than the groups. I will be your friend :) I am on every day. All you need to do is find a little group of people that log every day and you will have a lot of motivation. If your post gets lost, just bump it and more people will reply to it :)
  • emingus
    emingus Posts: 6 Member
    I've been on this site for a little over 6 months now. I have lost nearly 30 pounds as a result of it. I still have a bit to go. I have found that you have to be honest with yourself and honest about filling in what you eat every day. Even on the bad ones. Keep track of everything using the scanning app. And take some time to fill in the recipes that you use frequently. It does make it easier later on when you log your food. Good luck.
  • hello both of you!
    I too joined just now (on web)
    I could use some friends as well
  • hi, i have been here since last 3 months- it has helped me by keeping me aware of calories in various food stuff. Now generally i am aware and conscious of what i am eating.

it has helped psychologically also, now i think twice before eating junk or going over board on my favorite whiskey.
  • tdbad1
    tdbad1 Posts: 87 Member
    Holy crap,lol..talk about response times,lol. thank you all. Good to feel that at 6 am on a sat morning im not just out here,lol. All i did was go do my measuring and weigh in and here you all were. So, you get to be the first...2 weeks in and 17 lbs and 6 inches total down...woohoo. told hubby i should get a rose everytime i reach 25 lbs down...im more than half way there.
  • told hubby i should get a rose everytime i reach 25 lbs down...im more than half way there.

I think that is a great idea :)
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Hi, tdbad!

Sounds like you're doing well!

I log daily and have an open (to friends) diary, if you want more friends, feel free to add me.
  • notenoughspeed
    notenoughspeed Posts: 290 Member
    If you want to do this, you have to realize that you need to change the entire way you think about eating. Life changing decisions will be made in your transition from your prior habits to your new ones you develop here. It is true that getting support from others helps. I'm glad to see you here. Feel free to add me.
  • farmwife3815
    farmwife3815 Posts: 326 Member
    I find the most support from my friends page. That's where most people will post and comment. Feel free to add me. I am on everyday and I try to comment. I also do a lot of private messaging with folks. Good luck!!
  • pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Yes adding friends is the best way to go. This really does work. As or todayI have ben here 425 days. So I guess you can call me a regular.Sending you a friend request.
  • AnikaP81
    AnikaP81 Posts: 59 Member
    Great job for joining :) I love this site and since I now write everything down that I eat, it actually makes me think more about what I put in my mouth LOL Sending you a request.
  • Add me! Ill be youre friend. Ive found people are very supportive on this site- but I agree, the groups seem to not be used too much.
  • oceanblue67
    oceanblue67 Posts: 9 Member
    Hi, I also just started.. Add me I will be your friend.. we can help eath other.
  • JosephVitte
    JosephVitte Posts: 2,039
    You seem honest enough, if you like you can add me. I'll be very honest though, if you never communicate with me, ie, send me a comment, message, ect, I will delete you, I've done it many times already. if you friend request me, make sure to read my about me section, I'm pretty thorough in my explanation of why I don't like "adding people".

Salue
  • brit_ks_89
    brit_ks_89 Posts: 433 Member
    YOU GO GIRL!!! I LOVE YOUR INSPIRATION AND YOUR DRIVE! THATS SO PRECIOUS!