72lbs gone

Options
So I finally found a decent picture of me at close to my highest weight I've ever been. This morning I took a picture of me now and I put them together. I still have another 20-30lbs to lose but I thought I would share my results so far.

In January I decided that I needed to lose weight after going to the doctor and seeing the scale hit 247lbs. I never thought I would be that size in my entire life. But since my family is all on the larger side I just thought it was genetics and I was always going to be fat. From January to May I lost about 18lbs by just walking and moving a bit more. In May I found MFP. Since starting MFP in May I've lost 54lbs. So in total I've lost 72lbs. In May, I started counting and tracking every little thing I put in my mouth. I couldn't believe how much I actually ate in a day. It's now become much easier to decide what to eat....it's become a way of life. I started using an elliptical, then I started running. After about 5 weeks of running my sciatic nerve was being pinched in my hip. So my doctor said no more running.....I didn't know what to do. I rested for a few weeks but then I couldn't take it. Instead of running I started doing Insanity. It is much better on my hip than running and I can see a change now after 32 days. :smile:

I still want to go down another 20 to 30lbs but I also really want to tone up my arms, tummy and legs. The hardest thing for me now is that I mentally still feel big. I get on the scale and think that a number above 200 is going to show up and every time I'm surprised when it's below 180. I have to go back to my Doctor in January....I really wanted to be down 100lbs. I don't think I will make that goal but I think he will be extremely surprised when I walk into his office a whole new person.

2r7rrpk.jpg

Replies

• chelle_fri
    chelle_fri Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Wow, your story is so inspiring. You look great! I hope you reach you goal.
  • alan589
    alan589 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Well done, you look so much healthier.
  • kmoore02
    kmoore02 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep up the hard work!!
  • gabadabadoo
    Options
    Really fantastic achievement! Keep it up!
  • MontanaB
    MontanaB Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    fantastic! well done :D x
  • bandedsandi
    bandedsandi Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Well done!!! I hope I can also post a pic like this in a few months time...!

You are an inspiration to us all!
  • deedeetris
    deedeetris Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    You rock, Lady!! Great job!
  • 26Nirak
    26Nirak Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Fantastic - what a difference! Keep it going!!!
  • dawnshot
    dawnshot Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I think your Doc will be amazed, well done, you look great!
  • StartingAtSixty
    StartingAtSixty Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    You really look wonderfu! Congratulations...
    :flowerforyou:
  • LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Wow - congratulations! You look amazing!
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Well done! You look great! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • InPieces3
    Options
    Amazing :flowerforyou: Congratulations!!!
  • taylor0204
    taylor0204 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    You look great!!! Congratulations on your accomplishment
  • gerripho
    gerripho Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the ASD. That is the Association for Sockless Doctors! I just love the MFP peeps who strive to knock the socks off the doc! :drinker: You are looking mighty fine!
  • nicstir
    nicstir Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing I am truly inspired (I must try this Insanity) :)
  • fastforlife1
    fastforlife1 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful!
  • jsheehan46
    jsheehan46 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    OMG....amazing. The first thing I noticed was you had on normal clothes...you are already a new person and a true inspiration....you know how to do it so those next 30 are history.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic, well done
  • briyowes
    briyowes Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Outstanding job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!