What is one food you used to love, but has been discontinued

Options
wolf23
wolf23 Posts: 4,161 Member
Ok..I am always getting frustrated when I go to the grocery store to pick up one of my favorite items and come to find out they have been discontinued :mad: . I know I am not the only one this happens to. :frown:

One item that I truely miss is pudding pops :sad: I even miss the Bill Cosby commercials with the little kids :laugh:

Replies

• firegirlred
    firegirlred Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    How about foods that you ate all the time but now have to moderate or not eat?

PIZZA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pizza hut stuffed crust with black olives extra cheese and no sauce!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • dinoguns
    dinoguns Posts: 4
    Options
    Starburst ice cream was the best food i've ever had in my life. But it got discontinued only a few months after i had it for the first time :(
  • SoldierDad
    SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
    Options

PIZZA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pizza hut stuffed crust with black olives extra cheese and no sauce!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hear you on that! Pizza hut stuffed crust with pepperoni, bacon and mushrooms! lol! but my body cant handle bread :-(
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    There used to be these chocolate-covered waffles I ate as a kid. They were so tasty, and they were sold at Sam's Club. I only wish I had one now!!
  • emilyfh
    emilyfh Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    :mad: I know what you mean, happens to me alot. Been getting the food at pick n save (were I shop almost all the time) no more kashi waffles, no more sugar free chocolate syrup, no more skinny cow chocolate-fudge ice cream cones, the list goes on. Seems when I find something I like, oh lets not carry this kind or type anymore :grumble:
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,656 Member
    Options
    Three words: Screaming Yellow Zonkers! Not that I should eat them if they were still around, but that wasn't the question. :tongue:
  • SugarDiva
    SugarDiva Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Astro pops :sad:
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    I have no idea if it was healthy or not because it was many years ago.... but I used to buy this microwave "in a bag" seasoning thing to make chicken cacciatore. All I had to do was dice chicken breast, put it in the bag and nuke it for awhile... and WALAH! instant chicken cacciatore - served with instant rice or angel hair it was fast and magically delicious. I can't even remember who made it, but it was found in the grocery store right near the hamburger helper type stuff. Even my kids loved it!
  • mjw1200
    mjw1200 Posts: 1
    Options
    oreo dulche de leche cookies! cant eat them now anyway.
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    oreo dulche de leche cookies! cant eat them now anyway.

Never heard of them, but they sound awesome.

My husband thinks he is cursed with this problem. He is a picky eater and when he finds something he likes it will disapear from the shelves everywhere.

I miss applegate farms turkey bologna.
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Mother's Chocolate Chip Fudge Cookies :sad:

At least they brought back the regular Chocolate Chip ones. I love using those as a motivational treat when i have the extra calories :smile:
  • smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Ben & Jerry's rainforest crunch ice cream. I saw on a TV special that they "lay" all their discontinued flavors to rest in the Ben & Jerry's graveyard. Weird, but that stuff was so gooooood!!!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Pudding pops were amazing...it's been a gazillion years, but I can still rememeber that taste. I miss things from my childhood like chocolate mint bubblicious gum.
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    I forgot... I also used to love buckwheats cereal! (that was even longer ago then the chicken stuff I mentioned earlier!)
  • wolf23
    Options
    I loved Buckwheats cereal :sad: and Fortified Oat Flakes (I think they were by Post) they would get soggy really fast but were so good. The name makes them not sound very appealing :frown:
  • Mande_G
    Mande_G Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Yoplait made a yogurt flavor back when I was a kid (in the 80s :laugh: ) that had mixed berries and seeds/nuts. It was SO good. Whenever I remember it, I CRAVE it like mad. I can't remember the actual flavor name, and I've tried googling it -- thinking if I could find an ingredient list, maybe I could make a homemade version -- but no luck so far.

Man that stuff was tasty.
  • Sweetie_Pie92
    Sweetie_Pie92 Posts: 314 Member
    Options

Fancy coffee drinks. I love me some 16oz double shot Almond Rocha frappachino! But I've had to basically but it down to one of these a month.
  • wolf23
    Options
    Another food I really miss is Marathon candy bars (it's probably a good thing they were discontinued) It was milk chocolate and caramel in a long braid. When I visited the UK they had a Curly Whirly bar which was similar, but not quite the same :frown:
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Jello Pudding Pops.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    PB Maxx candy. Like others, it's probably a good thing I can't get these anymore, but WOW they were my super duper favorite.

You know how most "peanut butter" candies have this dried up pasty stuff that kind-of tastes like peanut butter? like the stuff that's in a reeses PB cup? PB Maxx had real, I'm talking stick to the roof of your mouth, REAL peanut butter in the middle, with a cookie bottom and little cookie nuggets on top, all coated in chocolate.

YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM