Trying new foods

Options
I make a point of trying new things when it comes to food. Sometimes I meet with success and a new favorite :bigsmile: and sometimes...well lets just say I don't try it prepared that way again :embarassed:

Just a suggestion for those who are challenged in adding new veggies to your diet....try preparing them at least 3 different ways before you decide you absolutely don't like them. Covered in cheese is probably not the best for your diet...but sometimes a little cheese will help. Roasted with a little olive oil can make just about anything yummy...Explore!

My biggest challenge is tofu...I keep trying to add this to my diet...so far purchasing it already seasoned and baked has been my best option. Making something using it from the block..well...Lets just say, portion size gets real easy because I have tasteless mush.

Now I'm trying to find / make snacks in the 100 to 150 calorie range...I am not into pre-packaged low fat puddings and such..your helpful suggestions are welcome!

Replies

• BigDanTX
    BigDanTX Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Okay so the bus driver is on the left side (the right side) so i am going to guess you're here in the USA.

Have you heard of Simply 7? They make chips from lentils, hummus and even pomegranates. My daughter, a Cheetos fan, even likes them. Jerked meats, wasabi peas, soy nuts, cheeses, fig bars and most every fruit/veg can also be a good snack for under 150 cal.