Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What do you eat for breakfast?

Replies

• i dont know if you can get them in america, as i live in australia, but some great tasting and incredibly healthy cereals are:

Waffle Bitez
    Goodness Traditional barley and oats
    Orgran Berry Rice-o's
    Cocoa Puffs (like a healthy version of coco pops)
    Rice Puffs (healthy rice bubbles)
    Tropico's (healthy fruit loops) - all those three are by Freedom Foods
    Weet-bix

even just some multigrain toast is always a win
    anything that is fresh and not processed
    Im vegan so i get soy milk, generally the long life stuff, which is great because you can store heaps! Tastes great too!

Hope that gave you a few ideas
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    1. 2 glasses of water

2.coffee
  • dpeary
    dpeary Posts: 1 Member
    YUM!:love:
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Water and protein powder. I'd skip it all together if I didn't work out at 4:45 am.
  • kitinboots
    kitinboots Posts: 589 Member
    Well I favour a bowl of porridge/muesli and a bowlof scrambled eggs. The two fill me up and keep me full until lunch. I usually have porridge as its cheaper and lower calorie.
  • GCLyds
    GCLyds Posts: 206 Member
    I had pancakes, and I added some ground flax and hemp hearts for added protein and fiber.
  • dutchman24
    dutchman24 Posts: 108 Member
    I've done lowfat yogurt, oatmeal and am currently using egg beaters. With the eggbeaters you can do an omlet in the micro or I do the equivalent of 2 eggs in a fry pan with non-stick spray and put it on a toasted english muffin. The last has been my staple for the last couple of weeks. I've also done a toasted english muffin with peanut butter.I also use aunt millies wholegrain bread ( 35 cal/ slice) and can do jam and/ or pb on that. Just a few suggestions. I've gotten a lot of ideas from my "friends" also. I have more trouble with lunch, myself....
  • 2 eggs scrambled with mushrooms, onions, green pepper, and a slice of low fat swiss cheese. Rye bread with jam on the side.

Or oatmeal with PB2 and honey. Or yogurt with pb2 and banana.

I dont like cereals much, too sugary.
  • Special K has some good cereals:happy:
  • just coffee usually, today i had a scrambled egg, 1/2 cup of hashbrowns, and toast with high fiber sugar free marmalade:bigsmile:
  • ripemango
    ripemango Posts: 534 Member
    i have grits or oatmeal most mornings, but cook them on the stovetop.

Since you must use a microwave, i suggest microwaving 1 or two eggs. I do this all the time, for an 'egg over easy' style egg. Spray margarine on a plate just so there is a little. You actually don't have to use any margarine or butter, but i think the egg does better. crack the egg on the plate. microwave for about 30 seconds. push the outside edge toward the middle when microwaving so the white doesnt get hard and stick quite as much to the plate. However, there will be a very little bit of the egg white you will have to discard. It takes about a minute to microwave an egg over easy. you can also do scrambled eggs in the microwave, just stir every 15 seconds.

dont forget about things like granola, nuts, and yogurt for breakfast. If I were you I would invest in a blender or handheld immersion to have smoothies: soymilk, banana, peanutbutter, frozen strawberries, mangoes, blueberries, etc.

Edit to add: i saw someone suggested instant grits. I strongly recommend you do not purchase instant grits. They are horrid. Quick grits are fine (i still cook mine 20 minutes), but instant are just repugnant.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,733 Member
    some days eggs (scrambled or hard boiled), some days oatmeal, some days yogurt, some days 2 bananas and an orange.

as i got older, i found that i could no longer digest milk well, so cereal has been off the menu for almost a decade now.
  • laxbballmom
    laxbballmom Posts: 11 Member
    One thing that I like is a breakfast burrito. I scramble an egg and microwave it. I put a bit of salsa and shredded cheese on a whole wheat tortilla. Once the egg is done, put it on top of hte cheese (helps to melt the cheese) and then roll it up. Easy to eat too since no utensils are required. Once in a blue moon I will add one slice of well cooked bacon for some extra flavour.
  • pshara
    pshara Posts: 21 Member
    I eat two hardboiled eggs and a bag of apples. I boil a bunch of eggs on Sunday so they are grab and go during the week and I buy the pre-washed bags of organic apple slices at Costco so they are also grab and go. Doesn't sound like much but it actually keeps me satisfied quite awhile.
  • Fiber One Cereal and 2% milk with a handful of fresh blueberries. I always eat breakfast. It is my guide to what I will eat for lunch and dinner......
  • OddChoices
    OddChoices Posts: 244 Member
    Hummus on a slice of toasted nutty oat bread. Sometimes I add boiled eggs to the mix.
  • I eat cold oatmeal...which is a nice variety when you're sick of the blandness of regular oatmeal. You take 1/3 cup oatmeal, 1/3 cup greek yogurt, 1/3 cup milk ( i use almond milk), and add a fruit of your choice. Mix and refrigerate overnight, eat in the morning. Delicious, and quick and easy. You can change what fruits you put in, or add granola, or syrup, whatever you want to change it up.
  • HelenDootson
    HelenDootson Posts: 443 Member
    Sorry, I am a porridge oats microwaved with water girl - I add blueberries or frozen forest fruits for added flavour and love it :happy:
  • RGPargy
    RGPargy Posts: 285 Member
    Monday to Friday I eat plain Oats So Simple porridge with semi-skimmed milk and with a small teaspoon of brown sugar. The flavoured ones are too sweet for me and give me sugar spikes.

On Saturday and Sunday I treat myself to......... plain Oats So Simple porridge with semi-skimmed milk and with a small teaspoon of brown sugar lol.

Boring but it does the job to fuel my morning workouts!!!
  • jess1992uga
    jess1992uga Posts: 603 Member
    I'm in school too so I rotate between two b-fast: either Kashi Go Lean Original with milk. (if there is an ALDI in your area they have their own brand called Get Balance that is cheaper) and grits with yogurt. Add a 1/2 english muffin, some almonds, and prunes and your set.

Other things I know some people do:
    Bagels with peanut butter (Lender Bagels cheapest and last longer but must be refrigerated)
    Egg whites on english muffin or toast (can also do on corn tortillas which are cheaper and easier buy in bulk)
    Granola and milk

When it comes to getting fruit in look for juice or dried fruit because it will store longer. Also applesauce.