Do you keep fat clothes?

Options

Replies

• KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    No I promised myself I won't ever go back to those sizes again. I get rid of them. I am glad I kept some of my smaller sizes though it is fun fitting back into them. Wearing one of those now. However it may depend on what size they are. When I get closer to my goal weight I might keep a size above my skinniest. But no more than that. I have gone down 3 sizes or more and so far haven't had to regret my decision. I do have this pair of jeans that were my skinny jeans when I was just about my largest. I got so I couldn't wear them when I was gaining. I think they were on the smaller size of that size range. Anyway they seem to shrink with me. It was great when I fit back into them but now I am frustated that they aren't too big when I am wearing 2 sizes or more smaller than them now but can't get rid of a good pair of jeans. I think they always want to be my skinny jeans but they aren't anymore but they do still fit. I don't have any skinny jeans right now the ones I just bought are comfortably lose already. I wish it was all due to how much weight I have lost but really alot has to do with how much I exercised. When I wasn't losing weight at least I was losing inches.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I got rid of ALL of my fat clothes. I'm in a size 2 now, and have no intention of ever going back to a size 18.
  • amdahwd
    amdahwd Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I live full time in an RV so do not really have room to keep my clothes that are too big, but I do not think I would even if I could. I am working too hard to go down and do not want to ever have an easy way to go back up!
  • ncthomas09
    ncthomas09 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I have lost 20 lbs and some of my jeans are rather baggy on me and my scrubs for work were getting too big. I altered the scrubs as much as I could but a couple pairs were still falling off me anyway. So I went to buy new ones and the store I got them from sells used scrubs on consignment and I left the old ones there and I am glad to see them go! Scrubs are rediculously expensive so for me it's an incentive not to gain the weight back because I can't afford to get the bigger sizes again.

As far as my jeans. I keep them because I have my "nice" jeans and then my "camping, working on my truck, cleaning house, 4-wheeling, etc." jeans that I don't really care if they get stains or holes, etc. So I have kept my bigger jeans for those purposes. Kind of like growing up I had my school clothes and then my play clothes and my mom would get mad when I played in my school clothes. Same concept, just never outgrew it! LOL
  • trixiemou
    trixiemou Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Some clothes just had to go as there was no way I could wear them. Some I got rid of as they came under the bracket of ' Oh well, that will do!'

I have a wrap around skirt that I remember adjusting the buttons out, then adjusting the buttons in and now, I need to adjust in again. I feel so slim when I have that skirt on, I can see the 'skinny me' when I have it on. There are a few clothes that I keep that I will have altered.
    I suppose the clothes that make me smile, I keep.
  • EvelynBfly78
    EvelynBfly78 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I am almost at my goal with only 2 pounds to go. I just went shopping this week & in order to make room for my new skinnier clothes I'm giving away my fat clothes. They are boxed up. I did a crazy song & dance around the box in the middle of my living room (the dog was watching & then danced with me) before I put them in the trunk of my car to give them away to someone who can use them. I never want to see them again.
    I still have some oversized clothes left that are almost ready for giveaway. As soon as I am able I will be buying some more clothes that fit. I have kept one pair of jeans as a reminder of the size I was. Good riddance to the rest!
  • Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    I've taken every size to goodwill! I will not need them anymore and maybe someone will want them!
  • niftyfifty47
    niftyfifty47 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    This is the first time ever that I have got rid of my "fat" clothes. As soon as they get loose....out they go....no going back.
  • Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    I am almost at my goal with only 2 pounds to go.

ME TOO!!!!
  • whitelaurel
    whitelaurel Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I keep clothes that are one size too big. :) As soon as they're two sizes too big, they're gone, never ever to be revisited again!
  • spud_chick
    spud_chick Posts: 2,639 Member
    Options
    I started this effort in size 14 jeans in August and am now waiting for a couple of pairs of 10s to arrive by mail. I understand your superstition. I gave away most of my 14s in early spring as I'd been consistently in a 12 for several months, and then ended up back in a 14 over the summer. I haven't been in a size 10 bottom for about 16 years so it's freaking me out a little. I will keep my few pairs of 12s, maybe the 2 newest pairs of 14s for a while (still trying to decide on this) and am weeding out tops this weekend since the Veterans are coming to pick up donation bags on Monday. My jackets and tops look huge on me.

I've never been good about purging clothes anyway so I feel better keeping a couple of things on hand, especially jeans since Levis is starting to mess with their styles and finding a good pair of 505s without "whiskers" or trashy looking pockets is getting harder. If I end up in 14s again, heaven forbid, I'd like to have a couple of pairs of jeans I don't hate waiting for me. Hating your clothes as well as your body does not increase motivation in my experience.

On the other side, I've kept a few dearly beloved things for many years that I really never thought I'd get into again, mostly handmade or vintage dresses... and here I may end up fitting back into them after all :)
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Nope! Can't wait to get rid of those uglies.
  • myboysmomx2
    myboysmomx2 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I got rid of all my fat clothes except for ONE pair of jeans....I wanted to have that pair just so that I could have it to remember where I was and take pictures of the fit me in the fat jeans! :happy: Keep up the great work!!!! You'll be so glad you did! No going back to the thicker, unhappier, more uncomfortable version of myself or you either!
  • tam8374
    tam8374 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I do not try to keep any fat clothes. As soon as I shrink out of them, out they go. I do however keep lots more skinny clothes in hopes to shrink into those. I feel, if I don't have the fat clothes, I will try harder to not need them.
  • denisel321
    Options
    Nope. As soon as clothes become too big, they are automatically purged.

I totally agree.
  • PonyTailedLoser
    PonyTailedLoser Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Some. Just in case....
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Sell them on eBay as a job lot, put the money towards new clothes :-) I wish I had kept just one pair of big pants for comparison though! Xxx
  • Car0lynnM
    Car0lynnM Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I'm actually doing the same thing. I got rid of three huge bags of skinny clothes last spring, and then lost weight. REALLY wish I had some of those back now!! So my hope is the same as yours--if I keep the 'fat' clothes, I won't ever need them again.
  • burkblondie
    burkblondie Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I kept my largest pair of jeans! I have lost over 40 pounds and I hope I will never go back!
  • divacat80
    divacat80 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I gave them all to charity. Fortunately, C&A still sells the same jeans i used to wear when i was obese, so once i reach my final goal I'm going to go to the store, pick one up and try it on in the fitting room. I'm planning to take pics to keep them as a reminder of how i was like.

I just kept some nightgowns, but I'm slowly buying a whole new wardrobe because I don't fit in any of the old large clothes. Even clothes that i had to wear in the middle of my journey are too big for me, ridiculously big.

I've always been superstitious about my weight but i don't have enough space to keep all of my old clothes, and they might useful for others so i decided to give them away. That pushes me to stay on track.

:)